Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Harvey Nash Group
Would you like to work from anywhere in Ireland and be a part of a team that develops solutions for a multi-billion euro E-commerce platform? Interested in remote work but don't want to lose the social side of working in an office? Our Clients' Software Solution Architects teams will work 80% from home and 20% in the office, in structured team strategy sessions - giving you the best of both worlds!
We are looking to recruit a Software Architect for the Technology team Software Architects have a pivotal role to play in the technology team in the company and are seeking a talented and motivated individual, who has an appetite for defining technical direction and strategy in their area of speciality and will guide our engineering teams to build innovative, all-encompassing solutions on our range of customer facing platforms.
We are looking for a strong technical leader, with the experience and vision to contribute to major development initiatives across several teams within the company. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us and enhance the capability within the team as we have ambitious plans to grow over the next several years.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Contribute to a growing team focused on delivering valuable features within agile product teams
- Have your work seen and used on one of the busiest mobile & websites in Ireland
- Excellent benefits packack, In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland's most iconic brands.
- The key objective for this role is leading and delivering on the overall coding, technical direction and strategy of the area.
To be successful in this you will be required to;
- Gain a deep technical understanding of the existing technical stack, principles, policies and standards, in order to evangelize on future direction, technology choices and modernizing frameworks, project deliverables, and practices/policies for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of your respective area of the ecosystem and direction of this product/domain
- Lead technical teams through multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on guidance to influence standards for development, governance, and operational life cycl
- Collaborate with technical teams to instil CI & Development best practice
- Promote continuous learning so that the skill level of the department continues to improve and deliver more effectivel
- Develop POC's and perform code reviews with a focus on design principles, simple testable code and quality at the fore
- Work closely with product teams to ensure delivery of these solutions to enhance our business capabilities
- Support and mentor technical teams to encourage growth & foster an innovative and inquisitive development culture.
- Contribute to IT strategy, API governance, standards, and technological evaluations to drive our strategic goals.
To be considered for the role of Software Architect, candidates must meet the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent formal training.
- 6+ years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines
- Continuous build/integration mindset and experience reducing lead time to market for feature development (Jenkins, Gradle, BitBucket)
- Extensive experience working with Java technologies, Spring Framework and REST services
- Demonstrable design knowledge, including API design principles, SOA, event driven systems and similar design patterns and techniques
- Strong knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to lead, mentor & motivate developers to ensure high quality code deliverables & practices
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
If you would like to discuss, drop your resume to (see below)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£52.2k - £56.6k Annual
£95k - £110k Annual
£406 - £496 Daily
£406 - £496 Daily
£45k - £55k Annual
£81.3k - £99.4k Annual