Desktop Support Engineer- L1-L2 support
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Experis AG
Please only apply if you have an EU or Swiss nationality.
For Experis, you're more than just a CV. As part of the ManpowerGroup, we have access to a huge network of opportunities. We connect you with new challenges that will accelerate your career.
Our customer, an international company in the IT sector, is looking for a temporary IT Supporter.
Place of work: Visp-Switzerland
Use: from now on
Duration: 6 monts to 1 year
- 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Windows 7, MS Office 2007/10/13, Internet Explorer, Anti-Virus, Laptop Wireless setups, Hardware Break/Fix Support, LAN Patching, Encryption
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems and virtual Servers
- Understanding of network, systems and configurations
- A+ certification
- Lenovo Certification must be completed within 3 months of employment
- Must be a team player, possess strong communication skill, and possess a strong customer-centered philosophy.
- Experience as a Desktop Systems Technician or Engineer in a financial setting.
- Lotus Notes, Outlook, Blackberry, Citrix, Active Directory, iOS, Java, Oracle, TCP/IP,
- Market Data Products, Trading Floor Systems
- MCSE, MCSM; Systems and/or Networking Certification a plus
- N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, CNCT, CST, CNST, Apple Certified (ACHDS, ACTC, ACDT, ACPT); and HDI.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of hardware and software PC
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in diagnosing general problems with computer hardware and software with ability to apply solutions to the problems.
- Experience in dealing with anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless communication, mobile devices, and security in the information technology field.
- Experience in handling and liaising with multiple vendors/Partner/Teams.
- Solid knowledge of data communication and networking Internet protocols, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet and Serial interface standards, Change Management, and Active Directory.
- Have a fair Knowledge of Data Centers to Provide HnE support.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered Client Server environment. Ensure desktop computers InterconnecT seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file Servers, email Servers, computer conferencing systems, application Servers, and administrative systems.
- Ability to quickly and independently understand new technology, then provide support and consultation on usage of new technologies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- A strong team player, works effectively under pressure, and ability to multi-task.
- Works in close collaboration with laboratory tech and assisting with installation and maintenance of software.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening) since he or she will have daily interaction with faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Good documentation skills. Both English and German Language.
- Good communication skills. Both English and German Language.
- Have worked on a Ticketing Tool (Snow/Remedy and understand SLA and OLAs
- Exercise proper judgment taking care of client computers or sensitive data; and consult with supervisor.
- Utilize effective time management skills and sets and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (monitors, printers, scanners, etc.).
Special Conditions of Employment:
- May be required to work variable hours and overtime, including weekends.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Have we piqued your interest? Then I look forward to your CV. If you have any questions, Réka Szitter will be happy to assist you.