Desktop Support - Belgium
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by EXCIS COMPLIANCE LTD
My client are based in Belgium are seeking a Desktop Engineer
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, Iphone, and LAN cable drops
- Swap-Out and troubleshoot software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring user data where requested by HCL. Supplier shall not be liable for the data loss. Supplier is NOT responsible for the condition of the data transferred/recovered before or after diagnostics and repair.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist on Incident and Problem Management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and Service Requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
Expected Engineer capability/Experience:
At least 6-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds Broad experience of IT with good understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
Strong Client service skills Ability to provide consistent, excellent Client support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
Basic Background security check required Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science related field or related work experience.
- MCSA certification preferable.
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows Server administration.
- Experience of Cisco Products and hands-on in network administration needed.
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.