Senior Engagement Manager
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Disys Technical and Consulting Kft
Senior Engagement/Project Manager, Staines, UK
We seek on behalf of our client; a global market leader in business workflow automation. a Senior Engagement Manager,
The role of the Senior Engagement Manager is to deliver successful customer outcomes, to drive and deliver immediate and measurable value, and to act as the primary customer contact for the professional services provided by our client. The Senior Engagement Manager champions their implementation methodology across large/multiple projects, builds and leads high performing teams and mentors/coaches other Engagement Managers.
The ideal candidate will have achieved a senior-level position and has a successful track record in consultant project/program management or management consulting, on enterprise software deployment and organizational transformations. You will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to senior customer leaders and to facilitate customer success, from establishing and delivering business value to advising and defining successful delivery strategies, including governance frameworks and management of large enterprise projects/programs. You have also demonstrated a willingness to participate in and support the project/program team members in the day-to-day activities of project/program deliveries.
- You will own the successful Customer Outcome delivery to the customer, managing large or multiple projects, applying a thorough understanding of project management methodologies and principles.
- You will leverage your industry, technical and consulting skills to understand the customer's business objectives and the specific issues and challenges being addressed by the engagement, helping customers change the way they work.
- You will leverage your strong communication and relationship-building skills to map, build and maintain external and internal stakeholder relationships.
- You will build and lead high performing teams of internal and external consultants to accelerate time to value in resolving those objectives, issues, and problems by facilitating workshops to translate business requirements to tangible configuration.
- You will support the development of team members through mentoring and coaching.
- You will be responsible for engagement governance and financials, project status reporting, and customer satisfaction throughout the engagement cycle, acting as the single point of contact to the customer for the engagement, providing a conduit to other Client teams as required.
- You will deliver Pre-Sales presentations around the Client Implementation Methodology and work with Services Sales to assist with the development of Statements of Work (SOW's) based on customer requirements. You will also identify upsell opportunities during engagements.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 10 years of high-tech/SaaS industry experience
- 5+ years in Customer Engagement roles
- Prior experience with implementing or supporting Client products in an Enterprise
- Strong cross-functional, technical Project Management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring and stakeholder reporting
- Demonstrated experience in leading key projects, including strategic customer programs from inception to successful roll-out and beyond
- Strong documentation and presentation skills including creative thinking and willingness to work hands-on to deliver impactful outcomes
- Experience with analytics and understanding of metrics and KPIs (as defined)
- Thought leadership and strategic thinking
- Ability to gather and analyzes data to understand the pros and cons of different decisions and options
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Facilitation skills in leading and planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Strong customer orientation and an innate ability to anticipate and act
- Active listening skills to ensure feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up tools, systems, and processes in a short amount of time
- Critical thinking skills, and ability to assimilate and implement new information rapidly and think strategically
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline preferred
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
- High level of integrity
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- Consultative perspective
- Manages change
- Project management/leadership
- Financial acumen
- Directs work
- Trusted advisor