Test Automation Lead Engineer
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Test Automation Lead Engineer for a 6 months project in Zurich
Overview of business area or project:
The Portfolio Solutions IT team works at the very heart of Credit Suisse International Wealth Management. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the key advisory systems in the bank, which are in use on a global scale within the CS Group.
We manage a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings. We also leverage modern portfolio optimization techniques to automate parts of the investment advice and offer a rich set of analyses to evaluate the investments of our clients.
The relationship managers guide the clients through an advisory process with the help of our applications, enabling our client advisors to understand the clients' goals, define an appropriate investment strategy, monitor the impact and performance of the investments and comply with all the regulatory requirements.
We continuously extend the functionality of our applications to meet the latest business needs.
- Review and define a test automation concept
- Implement the test automation together with the test automation engineers
- Contribute to the overall test strategy with a focus on technical and automated testing
- Automate test data provisioning
- Coach and lead the test automation engineers
- Collaborate and align with DevOps on test automation integration into the CI/CD pipelines.
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
- 10+ test engineers (mixed manual and automation skillsets)
- 10 agile teams working on various initiatives related to our applications (Overall team size approx. 150 team members in various roles)
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
We have done some test automation over the past years. The current structure and implementation of the automated test-cases is very costly to maintain. We are looking for a highly skilled test automation engineer who in collaboration with engineering community will advise on the steps forward to transform the current test framework to a better-suited solution and continue to extend the test automation coverage together with a group of test automation engineers. To find the right balance of what can be done at a given time vs what should be done will be a challenge.
We are also in the process of starting a complete UI revamp project for one of our main applications. There we will need to find an optimal split of investing in the old UI coverage vs focusing on covering the new solution.
The delivery pressure in the organization is constantly high. This may at times also influence where the focus needs to be with the test automation.
We face a complex network of dependencies from data sources to our system. Test data management is a constant challenge we face. Here we also expect the test automation lead engineer to help finding solutions to automate the test data provisioning as much as possible.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience (5 years +) in implementing UI test automation
- Experience (2 years +) in implementing UI test automation using Java and Selenium
- Experience in automating GUI tests, API tests, DB testing and scripts for test data preparation
- Bachelor in Information Technology or Engineering
- The new joiner must have also testing background in addition to proven automation skills
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented programming patterns and principles with very good Java know-how (2+ years) (enterprise context is a plus)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging
- A self-starter that can work autonomously and ability to lead by example, with authority and conviction, and ability to work seamlessly and collaboratively with senior project team
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience of coordinating the execution of manual and automated regression testing
- Master is a strong plus in Information Technology or Engineering
- Previous working experience in complex banking systems or systems with complex workflows would be beneficial
Candidate Value Proposition:
- The contract has a high likelihood to be extended
- Internalization possible
- Interesting technical and business environment