UI Test Automation Engineer (Java & Selenium)
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
The current structure and implementation of the automated test-cases is very costly to maintain. We are looking for a highly skilled test automation engineer who in collaboration with engineering community will advise on the steps forward to transform the current test framework to a better-suited solution and continue to extend the test automation coverage together with a group of test automation engineers. To find the right balance of what can be done at a given time vs what should be done will be a challenge.
We are also in the process of starting a complete UI revamp project for one of our main applications. There we will need to find an optimal split of investing in the old UI coverage vs focusing on covering the new solution.
The delivery pressure in the organization is constantly high. This may at times also influence where the focus needs to be with the test automation.
We face a complex network of dependencies from data sources to our system. Test data management is a constant challenge we face. Here we also expect the test automation lead engineer to help finding solutions to automate the test data provisioning as much as possible.
- Review and define a test automation concept.
- Implement the test automation together with the test automation engineers.
- Contribute to the overall test strategy with a focus on technical and automated testing.
- Automate test data provisioning.
- Coach and lead the test automation engineers.
- Collaborate and align with DevOps on test automation integration into the CI/CD pipelines.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience (5 years +) in implementing UI test automation
- Experience (2 years +) in implementing UI test automation using Java and Selenium
- Experience in automating GUI tests, API tests, DB testing and scripts for test data preparation.
- Bachelor in Information Technology or Engineering
- The new joiner must have also testing background in addition to proven automation skills
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented programming patterns and principles with very good Java know-how (2+ years) (enterprise context is a plus)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging.
- A self-starter that can work autonomously and ability to lead by example, with authority and conviction, and ability to work seamlessly and collaboratively with senior project team
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience of coordinating the execution of manual and automated regression testing
- Master is a strong plus in Information Technology or Engineering
- Previous working experience in complex banking systems or systems with complex workflows would be beneficial
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.