Senior SAS RTDM/BI Administrator
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. SAS/BI Administrator with RTDM experience. Candidate is responsible for configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of Enterprise Business Intelligence implementations in a 24x7 production environment. This position requires working with key business partners and analysts to develop and deploy solutions meeting the needs of the business; delivering the information needed to make critical business decisions in support of providing our customers the best possible experience. This role is accountable for monitoring and managing system stability, availability, and performance, as well as identifying, designing, and implementing solutions for Identified improvements.
Candidate will primarily support the Digital Marketing Campaign Personalization solution based on SAS RTDM including DI Studio, CI Studio business rules manager, ESP and CI360 Plan, Direct, Digital, Discover. Secondary support for SAS Analytic platforms including SAS GRID, VIYA, and Model Manager by serving as liaison between the system users and enterprise infrastructure support teams to ensure appropriate execution of marketing offers, etc. including any performance tuning, data modelling, capacity and utilization, backups, disaster recovery, user support, training and documentation, in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
- Provide ongoing Administrative support of BI environment
- Responsible for supporting BI environment installs, administration, and operations.
- Enhance BI environment through continuous improvement following standards and best practices.
- Works with other teams to maintain an optimal BI environment.
- Consults with business teams on matters relating to system connections, security, user accounts, and creation of data models.
- Assists users with use of BI applications to drive business value.
- Aids in development of new, or updates to, BI Semantic Layers (Cognos Packages/Models)
- Monitors and maintains system performance and provides statistical reporting
- Participate in requirement gathering, resolving ambiguity and conflicts, ensuring accuracy.
- Assist with BI test executions
- Performs systems/database modification impact analysis
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Communicate status/risks to manager regarding delivering solution on time
- Participates in on-call schedule; off-hours support as required
SAS RTDM administrator with 3 to 4 years of experience in implementation and administration of SAS RTDM, VIYA, ESP, DI and Analytics. The SAS Platform Administrator provides operational enhancements, maintenance, installation and support of the SAS 9.4 RTDM platform. This includes providing SAS platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.4 Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Sr SAS RTDM/BI Administrator: 3-4 years relevant SAS work experience required
- Experience with BI Report & Dashboard development required
- Experience with change management related to BI objects.
- Development experience working with SAS suite of products (RTDM, CI360
- Overall knowledge of Cross Channel Marketing Operations including Digital and Direct Marketing channels.
- Subject matter expertise in building omnichannel campaigns within the SAS Marketing Automation suite including SAS RTDM, CI360 Plan, Engage: Direct, Engage: Digital, Discover, and eMail.
- Competency in SAS Administration including Installation, Configuration, Patching, Information Maps, Metadata libraries, Security setup, and Platform support on a Linux OS with Oracle and Hadoop data sources.
- Experience in Marketing Analytics using SAS Enterprise Guide (EG), SAS Viya, Tableau, or Cognos is a plus.
- Experience understanding performance and tuning impacts preferred
- Experience installing/upgrading BI applications, including understanding hardware impacts, preferred
- Experience with Oracle, SQLServer, Essbase, Hadoop (and other big data solution providers) preferred.
- Development experience working with Cognos, Hyperion, Unica, or others preferred.
- Specific experience with installing/upgrading, configuring, tuning and maintaining SAS, Cognos, Hyperion, or Unica preferred
- Experience Building Symantec Layers in BI Applications such as Cognos Package Models, Reports, Cubes, Dashboards (or in SAS, Hyperion, Unica) preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL development techniques, including PL/SQL preferred
- O/S & Network: IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, HP/UX preferred.
- Agile Experience preferred