Middleware Engineer/WebLogic DataPower
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Middleware Engineer. Candidate will be handling requests for new or updated services and applications as well as operational remediation and troubleshooting of incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and deploy applications in an enterprise Middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance required to meet negotiated SLA's
- Define, track and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 4+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat) required.
- 4+ years of experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS) required.
- Experience supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- The ability to understand and construct Firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Experience supporting IBM DataPower XML/WAF Gateways (or similar services)
- Experience supporting Web Services API Standards, Tools and Technologies
- Experience developing automation scripts and tasks to drive efficiencies
- Experience working with Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
- Experience designing and managing complex systems
- Experience developing change, version, and configuration control management systems.