Senior EPIC Applications Engineer
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Healthcare Organization is currently seeking a Sr. EPIC Applications Engineer. Candidate will manage, analyze, architect and engineer the client, server and delivery infrastructure for Epic applications across the enterprise. This position will have some operational work, but will be more focused on designing, engineering, documenting, and at times implementing, updates and solutions for our Client Server systems software such as Interconnect, Hyperspace, EPS, Web BLOB, Hyperspace Web and other Epic Windows based applications. Also assists other Epic 3rd party applications teams with their integration into Epic as needed which can include assisting with the design, architecture and documentation. The Senior Engineer strives towards the common goal of application performance, standardization, automation and efficiency. Additional knowledge of the inner workings of Epic systems, outside of the Windows based applications, is also needed.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to resolve complex technical issues, chronic problems, and technology integration challenges being experienced throughout the enterprise or having a major impact within an application or area. Performs complex and methodical troubleshooting and diagnoses and then implements solutions to assure all Epic Windows related problems are resolved.
- Present information in a clear, effective, logical, and persuasive manner. Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it effectively. Mentors other engineers, re-enforces team building and encourages growth and development of the team.
- May be required to travel up to 20% of work schedule.
- Will be part of an on call rotation and also participates, as needed, in critical incident and carries a pager or cell phone.
- Prepare, install, upgrade and/or distribute Epic applications on Servers and clients including printing, faxing, imaging, business continuity systems, monitoring, web Servers, communication systems and end user access.
- Keep current with the latest security best practices, and then recognize when those best practices need to be applied. This responsibility goes beyond simply applying software updates, but considers the multiple aspects and layers of security.
- Develop solutions to automate operational duties and monitor Epic infrastructure.
- Mentor junior members with adopting automation and move to adopting cloud technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Eight (8) years total relevant IT experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Three (3) years of technical leadership experience.
- Five (5) years of experience as Epic ECSA.
- If not already Epic certified then within 6 months achieve Epic ECSA certs 101, 102 and 105 and maintain certs when renewals occur.
- 8 years of Windows Server experience including IIS
- 5 years of Citrix XenApp administration.
- 5 years of Scripting, programming and automation.
- 2 years of experience with Citrix NetScaler.
- Experience with managing resources in Microsoft Azure.
- Operating knowledge in the following Cloud technologies, Azure Dev OPS, Power BI, GitHub, Terraform and Ansible.
- Must be fluent with modern Scripting and programming languages to automate tasks with PowerShell, JSON/REST or C#.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems especially in a virtualized environment (Citrix and VMware). Fully understands system and Kernel components, printing components, registry tweaks, AD Group Policy structures and performance and reliability tuning techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.) protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTPS, FTP, SMB, SNMP, LDAP, etc). Knowledge of how network appliances such as load balancers, Routers, Firewalls and network intrusion systems that can enhance or impede security, reliability and performance.
- Fluent with diagnostic tools like Perfmon, SysInternals, Wireshark, LogInsight, and Fiddler.
- Leadership in discovering new technologies that improve application security, uptime and performance. Ability to review current system and operational support standards and recognize when changes should be made and then document and communicate those changes.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who is able to develop goals and associated work plans with little to no oversight from management.
- Ability to comprehend release notes for software and hardware upgrades, and understand the ramifications of those upgrades.
- Experience and Knowledge of Citrix NetScaler ADC administration, including Content Switching, AppExpert and GSLB.