SAP Project Manager - USA - Automated SAP Cloud Migration projects
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Bison
SAP Project Manager (REMOTE)- EAST OR CENTRAL STATES BASE
Our client is the leading professional and managed service provider of SAP enterprise applications running on AWS hyperscale cloud infrastructure. Our objective is to delight our customers every day by reducing the cost and increasing the agility of their SAP systems. We do this with our continuous innovation, automation, migration and operation, delivered on the world's most comprehensive cloud platform, AWS. We have been working with AWS since 2010 and we are a Premier Amazon Partner Network (or APN) Consulting Partner. We are also an SAP Certified Silver Partner.
Summary: The Project Manager will take overall responsibility and ownership for all post-sale aspects of the successful delivery to the highest standards, of a project or portfolio of projects.
- The success of these projects is defined as a delighted customer and a project delivered at the planned margin.
- The project manager will be expected to lead, co-ordinate and manage teams to successfully deliver projects ensuring that agreed frameworks, tools, methodologies and automation tools are utilised effectively.
- The Project Manager will be able to operate independently calling on support when required and ensuring that risks and issues and identified and mitigated or escalated as appropriate; and opportunities are identified and pursued.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and. strong track record in customer delivery throughout their career
- Wide understanding of SAP: Business, Functional, Technical
- Understands when and how to escalate and mitigate
- Is comfortable with ambiguity but drives predictability
- Self-motivator and self-starter
- Inquisitive, wanting to learn
- Attention to detail, completer-finisher, but also able to take a helicopter view'
- Keeps composure under pressure
- Takes ownership and is passionate about successful customer outcomes
- Good understanding of agile delivery in general
- Good understanding of waterfall delivery in general
- Good understanding of the end-to-end project life cycle: from pre-sales to end of stabilisation and transition into BaU
- Able to work at all levels of delivery assignment: working with individual end user to farming the account through executive relationships
- Ability to understand and manage budgets to revenue, cost and margin
- Understands and applies project tools: plans, RAID Logs, Change Request Logs etc..
- Ability to keep teams focused on the direct tasks and deliverables at hand
- Establish & manage relationships with business managers and end users
- Ability to work across a multiple delivery engagements
- Able to help shape and input into our delivery approach, ensuring we learn from each project, harvest artefacts and knowledge
- Ability to estimate new pieces of work, applying estimation rules of thumb
- Ability to create a project plan to deliver to scope, timelines and budget
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities into new work
- Establish & Manage Relations with Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to engaging with customers on leading large programmes of work
- Entrepreneur, shaper of engagements: able to listen, think and shape
- Understands impact of SAP on IT, Business (aware of change requirements)
- Has worked for large as well as small consulting organisations
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$180k - $180k Annual
$180k - $180k Annual