IS Technical Project Manager - REMOTE
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Modis
Start Date: Immediate
Location: 100% Remote + occasional travel to Barcelona (only when it is safe to do so)
Duration: 6 months + extensions
Role Purpose Statement
The purpose of this function is:
(1) Analyse business requirement and processes to recommend the proper IS applications (existing or new); design, implement, document, and support these solutions and train users accordingly.
2) Coordinate implementation projects for IS applications, from business requirements to testing and training, up-to after-go lives support; manage project milestones and involved teams: IS, IT, SAP, business, external software partners.
3) Identify opportunities for process improvements and provide technical advice.
Key Interfaces: Internal - External
Internal stakeholders at different levels, IT colleagues, suppliers.Main Accountabilities
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Analyse business needs, including dependencies from and to other processes and systems;
- Perform configuration, independently or in cooperation with other team members, external consultants and/or suppliers;
- Establish project milestones and to ensure they are met. Coordinate different teams (even if not directly managed) and other stakeholders; Perform needed tests, training and business checks to ensure project consistency.
- Design, implement, maintain jawa/web solutions, and document them.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvements; drive implementation of these improvements into system configuration, considering matching to other IT capabilities.
- Analysis of processes completed, and requirement defined, within defined projects milestones;
- Business needs gathered and translated into system requirements;
- Configuration correctly performed, and project milestones controlled and met;
- Business process improvements (related to application capabilities) identifiedKnowledge, Skills and Experience
- Engineering qualifications (Computer engineering a plus);
- Min. 6 years expertise in applications management and implementations;
- Experience in working with Java and Web applications: knowledge of Jboss, Eclipse, Tomcat and Apache CXF;
- Must be highly analytical, team player, with ability to learn quickly; can prioritize and multi-task while under pressure.
- Must be self-starter and proactive, including managing deliverables, ability to work independently, understanding timelines and deadlines with minimal guidance. Must have a desire to continuous learning, while sharing knowledge.
- Project management certification (PMP ® or similar) a plus
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.