Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Field Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Remote then London
Contract Rate: GBP 30,000 + 5% Bonus
Our Client, one of the world's foremost Telecoms Companies, is looking to recruit a Field Technician to work remotely then to be based in London.
You will be part of the London Field operations team and the core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm, working 40 hours per week, with the option to finish at lunchtime on Fridays.
Basic level installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting problems of network equipment and circuits. Responsible for preventative and demand maintenance of the network, critical infrastructure, materials management, and becomes familiar with the company's systems and applications. In some instances, may be responsible for the outside plant network in each geographic boundary, including metro and long-haul fibres. This role does require a 1 in 3 call out.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for asset management: processes deliveries and replenishes consumables as well as coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to fibre optic transmission equipment, light wave multiplexing equipment, AC and DC power equipment.
- Assists in installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC192 services. May install and test transmission/switching equipment. And DWDM
- Troubleshoots network equipment, removes, and replaces defective modules, tracks spares, and ensures repair.
- Monitors/locates route and assists in executing restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Responsible for learning all the systems and applications required to perform the job function adequately.
- Updates installation records, enters appropriate detailed log information on trouble tickets for reference, and provides reports to others on status updates and issues related to assignments.
- Relevant job experience including network monitoring, installation, or maintenance/repair.
- Entry-level technician with experience and/or knowledge of at least one of the four major technician disciplines: transmission equipment and DWDM networking, also some knowledge of IP devices, and Outside Plant (Fibre locating, OTDR fault finding).
- Good cable and equipment install practices.
- Have knowledge of locating fibre optic cable, right-of-way, and As-Builts.
- Some data centre experience preferred but not essential.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- On-call 24x7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
- A valid driver's license.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £29k Annual