RAN Transmission & Capacity Planning Engineer
Posted on Feb 15, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
Working as part of a small, multi-skilled and specialised Coverage Delivery Team you'll be instrumental in the development of Transmission and Capacity planning on 4G/5G
This role provides technical leadership and guidance on RAN Coverage and Capacity to internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers.
- This service is responsible for continually developing and improving processes and methodologies used within the Transmission team.
- Conducting complex analysis and act on the results within the remit of the team.
- Presenting the results of analysis to support senior management in strategic decision making.
- Ensure that work undertaken within the team delivers BT's strategic and operational goals.
- Assist in development of tools used within the team, where necessary to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Technical review and oversight of work done by managed service providers, instructing and prioritising work within an agreed delivery framework.
Skills and knowledge required
- E-UTRAN architecture and protocols
- EPS bearers and QoS
- Subscriber traffic profiling
- Signalling event traffic modelling
- Signalling events and event dimensioning
- RAN synchronization options and overheads
- Dimensioning O&M
- Air interface structure and bandwidth options
- Maximum theoretical throughput estimations
- Dimensioning the RAN for voice traffic
- CQI and user plane traffic dimensioning
Please note this role is INSIDE IR35
Apply for immediate interview. Flint provides services to the ICT Industry