Associate Director Product Management
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Associate Director Product Management. This director is the liaison between IT development and stakeholders on the delivery of custom applications and 3rd party applications. The Associate Director will have 10 to 15 product managers directly reporting to them. This director needs to be technical in mapping data, SQL, store capabilities, queries testing, and release management.
- Mentors, manages, recruits and retains top IT Product Management talent who continuously deliver high quality results for product sponsors and stakeholders in accordance with Firm strategy and policies.
- Works with Director of CR/ITPS and CIO to continuously improve upon and provide 'best of breed' Product Management life cycle processes that are appropriate to Firm size and needs.
- Documents, maintains and instills best practices for Product Managers including, but not limited to, user stories, business and technical requirements tracking, product backlogs, and release management.
- Ensures team members adherence to policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for all product releases, including proper testing, sponsor sign-off and overall quality assurance.
- Plans product portfolio at macro and micro levels in accordance with Firm IT Strategy (Weekly/Monthly/Annually/3 year outlook, budgeting, and forecasting).
- Aligns Product Managers to product lines, ensuring quality applications are deployed to production following the SDLC methodology, including Change Management.
- Works hand in hand with the Associate Director of Development to prioritize work, manage resources and remove roadblocks to ensure timelines are met.
- Leads by example in conducting and driving communication through daily stand-ups that get all Product Managers and Developers talking and listening to understand current priorities and addressing any obstacles.
- Maintains team flexibility, responds quickly and adeptly to changing priorities from partnership and Sr. Staff to deliver desired results.
- Presents to and works with Sr. Staff, Partners and others across Firm practice and business units on high profile initiatives.
- Works with the business to understand where automation can replace manual work and provide value to the firm.
- Seeks to understand and clarify priorities; sets expectations on product delivery timing with sponsors based on priorities and available resources.
- Serves as trusted change agent' to drive product and process improvements directly and through Product Management team based on Firm needs and priorities.
- Establishes trust and builds relationships within IT and across business teams within the Firm through active listening, responsiveness and effective delivery.
- Steps in to lead teams to the finish line' on particularly time-sensitive initiatives that may require additional process review and validation before go-live.
- Exercises keen judgment on when to escalate issues to senior management, based on risk and impact.
- Listens to proposed new work/changes and knows what applications or areas may be impacted, and pulls others in accordingly.
- Acts as leader who serves by testing and validating to ensure expected results on high profile, high impact efforts.
- Teams with the Firm's Project Management Office Associate Director to follow the Firm's IT Strategy and project management life cycle for the creation of new product lines.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a business or information management field such as Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Organizational Development, Library Science, Records Management, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years blended experience in business analysis, product and/or project management and delivery adhering to SDLC, and leading a high performing team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and use of Microsoft VSTS, Azure DevOps.
- Solid knowledge of practice, financial, marketing, recruiting, risk and security processes preferably within the legal industry.
- High-level analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to analyze complex information structures involving multiple layers of data and workflows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficiency in adapting communication language and style to varied audiences.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite products.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft VSTS, Azure DevOps.
- Proficiency in JIRA.
- Experience with SharePoint and/or K2 a plus.
- Experience with applications across finance, risk, HR in law firm or professional services a plus.
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- iManage Work 10, DeskSite
- IntApp Open and WallBuilder
- 3E Finance system
- ITSM Ticket Management System