Product Architect: Enterprise Architect (Sr Solution Architect) Geneva
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by McCabe & Barton
Product Architect: Enterprise Architect (Senior Solution Architect) Geneva Switzerland Permanent Role;
The Product Architect will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation, and integration of complex enterprise applications using Java and/or .NET.
KEY For this role is Solution Architecture, Microservices, Cloud Native, Finance/banking, fintech background and Payments AND CLOUD Technologies.
You will know Docker and Kubernetes!
This is a 10-15 % Development role - the rest is all Architecture.
Interview ASAP. Start when you can., ie notice periods accepted.
- Solution and Software Architecture (Microservices design strongly recommended)
- Technical Lead
- Communication (to technical and non-technical audiences)
- Strong experience on System integration
- Product Management
- Programming experience (Java strongly recommended)
- DevOps culture (people/processes/tools)
- Hybrid and Private cloud
- Financial Messaging
- Modern Databases (Postgres, Elasticsearch)
- Agile methodology
Secondly, we want you to bring your broad industry, business and technology management knowledge forward.
The core knowledge areas that we see as important are;
- Ownership/custodian (Mini-MD)
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate a virtual team
- Experience in Digital, Cloud, scheme, SaaS, SWIFT, Clearings, Payments
- Empathy for sales and technology
- Customer facing
- B2B expertise
- Business/corporate understanding
- Work at pace
- Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative - able and willing to share best practise
Finally, and we do think of them in this order, we would you to have some domain skills and experience.
Not all of these are relevant for every role however it provides a flavour:
- Serving financial solutions to Financial Institutions and large Multi-National Corporates
- Familiarity with the world of Securities and Payments and the associated processes
- Experience of how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world
- FinTech, Payments, Securities, Treasury and Financial Services market exposure
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS Technology, APIs, Data & Insight, ISO adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few
The Product Architect will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation, and integration of complex enterprise applications using Java and/or .NET. The enterprise applications you may work on would help customers pay and get paid'. The applications are delivered as SaaS offerings with a number of integrations to 3rd party enterprise applications. EAI experience is a must.
The Principal Architect will interface with the development teams as well as with the product management team for the purposes of designing and planning, implementation, integration and support of our products. This role is responsible for determining that integrated software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs and is expected to research and recommend technology to meet application requirements.
In addition, the architect will also be expected to promote the adoption and contribution of services and modern architecture patterns of The clients's IQ Platform. The BTIQ platform is the foundation for all new The clients product innovations and will provide a technology path to enable the accelerated delivery of world class, scalable solutions to our existing portfolio and customers.
You will also be expected to help The clients with the transformation of our practices and procedures as we become the best SaaS provider in the verticals we serve while also helping create new and exciting products and features that provide exceptional value to our customers.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new applications
- Use practical skills and experience to design and architect solutions, lead the implementation teams through the full life cycle of the application development and deployment
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and standards to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with designs
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineering staff
- Ensure applications meet standards and requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Help The clients evolve and grow
What do we look for in a Product Architect?
- Proven experience collaborating to create/develop/delivering new innovative products or features
- Proven experience as software architect, building resilient, highly available multi-tenant web-based applications
- Proven experience deploying and running applications in a Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Java, .NET etc.)
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, ORM technologies (Hibernate), Elasticsearch
- Experience with Web Services and EAI patterns
- Experience with Machine Learning/AI Technologies
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of microservices architectures
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- BS/BA or higher in computer science, engineering or relevant field
The Client: They believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. Specifically, the manner in which they pay, and get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in Legacy technology and practices.
For their Payments Market, they target Financial Institutions and large, multi-national organisations with the objective of delivering our Universal Aggregator Service as the destination of choice. Their customers need is for solutions to give them connectivity, visibility and control over this complex playing field, on a global basis.
Their obsession is in solving these issues for our target markets. They believe that the advent of smart cloud technologies and a verity of overlay services, either from internal suppliers or trusted external parties, provides us with the right technology tools to do so.
This means our customers are ripe for being disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
What sort of products would you work on?
The client has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skill set and interest you could be working on anything from new business propositions to building out the cloud connectivity platform to resolve how banks interact. Ultimately, we are looking to enable payments innovation and reduce the risk, cost and complexity by providing payments solutions to our customers that ultimately drives revenue for the client.
email (see below) if interested, thank you, stay safe.