System Engineer Linux
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Systems Engineer Linux. This will be a contract to hire position. They are looking for someone who have experience with designing, building, and administrating Red Hat Linux. For this role they MUST have Shell Scripting knowledge with Python and/or Bash, Korn, and Perl for automation. The dress code for this role is dress shirt and tie for men and suite or dress for women.
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide Unix system solutions.
- Support server software and hardware plus related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning, data center buildouts and performing software/firmware upgrades.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Develop automation programs and scripts using Shell Scripting.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience with design, build and administration of Red Hat Linux preferred.
- Experience working on VMware virtualization preferred.
- IT certifications such as RHCE, RHCA, RHCSA preferred.
- Shell Scripting Python and/or (Bash, Korn, Perl) knowledge for automation.
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Red Hat Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Working experience with IBM AIX, VIOS, HMC, clustered file systems and GPFS.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Experience in designing and implementing high-availability and disaster recovery solutions in fast paced environments.