Telecommunications Design Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
For a big client of ours we are looking for a Telecom design engineer.
Duration: 1 year + extension(s)
We are looking for someone who must have connectivity experience and focus, we are looking for candidates who have LAN/WLAN experience, Cisco 9K series Switches & Aruba WLAN or Infoblox.
- Typical Years of Experience: 12-16 leading and executing Telecoms project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable network and telecom solutions, preferably in Oil and Gas preferred.
- Minimum Education or Certification: Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
- Knowledge of Layer-2 Switching, VLAN's and Access-list
- Knowledge of Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Voice Over IP (VoIP)
- IP Addressing and subnetting and routing concepts
- Switches: basic configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco Switches
- Router: basic configuration and monitoring of Cisco Routers including VLAN's
- Telecoms Industry knowledge with extensive experience in Networks and Telecommunications, Testing and Commissioning
- Knowledge of environmental and electrical safety in hazardous (IEC EX) that impact design of telecoms systems used in process plants; Upstream/Downstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions eg Process Control/SCADA, Safety Critical Elements
- Consistently delivered results in a Matrix, global virtualized organization
- Experience in negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Proven experience in stakeholder and relationship management including external vendors
- Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Proven Stakeholder management and Communication skills.
- Cisco Router/switching/security certification, at minimum CCNA
- Experience working in an outsourced environment
- Project Management certification like PMP, PMI, Prince2
- Service Management processes (Support Models, Service Level Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.