ERP Program Manager
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
Client is looking for an experienced ERP Program Manager to lead the implementation of a new Gov-cloud based ERP system. Client is an Aerospace & Defense manufacturer implementing NetSuite and is seeking a Program Manager with Gov/DoD experience to help implement their NetSuite system and work with their team to lead the implementation. The ideal candidate will have a proven and successful track record of implementing ERP systems internally or as a consultant and has leadership experience in managing diverse teams to achieve the desired outcomes for the organization.
This position provides management of complex Gov/DoD compliance and ERP specific project expertise for the ERP program and is accountable for the successful execution of the project(s) defined within the ERP program. The ERP PM will represent the interests of our client and will partner with the external implementation consultants to ensure the successful delivery of the program and to enable the transfer of knowledge from the ERP implementation team to our client and the post-implementation support team. The ERP PM collaborates with the business stakeholders, process owners and subject matter experts, serving as the lead person to coordinate, influence and manage the execution of the ERP program.
- Work closely with program sponsors to confirm project scope, timing and overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with third party implementation partner to develop and confirm ERP implementation plan, deliverables, resource requirements, budget and overall schedule.
- Organize and coordinate project workstreams to identify dependencies and potential areas of risk.
- Utilize project management best practices and methods to support the execution of the program.
- Responsible for the execution of the ERP project to ensure that it is implemented on-time and on-budget.
- Manages and facilitates resolution of conflicting objectives, issues, scope, schedules and work plans.
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables and required program documentation and artifacts.
- Responsible for timely status reporting of the ERP Program.
- Ensure that program guidance principles are understood and enforced.
- Obtain needed decisions, guidance, and resources from sponsors and other decision-makers.
- Support ERP Steering Committee Chair to prepare and coordinate meetings, provide documentation and other information as needed.
- Keeps executive team and stakeholders fully informed and maintains effective communication with all stakeholders by providing status updates, identifying risks, and communicating mitigation plan
- Helps to mediate, coach and provides guidance to ERP team members and stakeholders on program related matters and issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions.
- Responsible for communicating with ERP implementation partners and all related 3rd parties.
- 15+ years of overall experience with a proven track record of implementing complex ERP or transformational programs.
- DoD compliance experience and familiarity with DCAA, NIST 800-171/DFARS, FedRamp & CMMC requirements.
- Extensive experience with implementing ERP platforms and at least one full cycle implementation of NetSuite.
- Manufacturing and or Engineering industry experience for an Aerospace/Defense company preferred.
- Experience managing third party partners, including implementation consultants.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Functional Government Cost Accounting knowledge
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the project objectives, inspire and motivate teams, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Excellent project management and team-building skills, with demonstrated track record across a range of project types.
- Significant knowledge of project planning, scheduling and collaboration tools with a solid track record of practical application such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Slack, etc.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, lean six sigma process/tools and process mapping would be a plus.
Education & Certification
- Masters or Bachelor s degree in business, engineering or related field.
- Agile/SCRUM certification strongly preferred but not required.
- PMP certification strongly preferred but not required.