Azure Cloud Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
I am currently looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer for a client of mine who is based in Basel.
This is a 12 months contract with the possibility of further extension.
Purpose of the role:
- Support the implementation of the project specific infrastructure requirements in the Azure cloud
- Provide second and third-level support to the Innovation Hub including Azure IaaS and PaaS services, Azure DevOps, Office 365 productivity and collaboration services (Teams, Sharepoint).
- Liaise with internal units (IT, Corporate Security) and design and implement a flexible foundational Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Deliver Azure services such as Conditional Access, Sentinel, Security Center, and Cloud App Security with modern IT concepts as Automation, Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
Provide design and implementation support to the Innovation Hub projects using the Azure Cloud services.
Cloud Engineering: Support implementation of a flexible Azure cloud-based sandbox environment which enables the Innovation Hub project teams to iterate and pivot rapidly.
Operations and DevSecOps: Monitor the Innovation Hub project sandbox environments (cost, security, guidelines/policies) using out-of-the-box Azure services. Optimize operations through automation, configuration as code, and through strong partnership with developers and security.
Scripting and Infrastructure as Code: Develop Powershell, Python, Terraform and Ansible code to manage and interact with Azure cloud services and Windows/Linux operating systems. Promote the agile/DevOps culture in the project teams
Required skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Cloud; (Microsoft 365 Services are a nice to have), Microsoft Azure AD, Azure Resource Management, Azure Subscriptions, Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience with DevOps practices, in particular automation and reusability as key enablers of project delivery and operations.
- Experience with working with Container related technology, egDocker Orchestration, docker registries, docker build strategies
- Fluency in Scripting languages and common automation frameworks (Bash, Python, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with configuration management practices and technologies and leveraging orchestration to ensure configuration consistency.
- Fluency with code and deployment management solutions, in particular Git and Azure DevOps services.
- Experience in monitoring and optimizing technology for efficiencies and resilience, including building adequate logging and monitoring into solutions to enable predicative analysis and proactive problem identification.
- Experience with Azure security services an asset. Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum).
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.