Cyber Security Technician
Posted on Feb 13, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
The duties of the individual mainly focus on:
* Provide technical support to NCSC, mainly remotely through email or telephone, over tools such as Firewalls, endpoint protection or crypto technologies.
* Maintain up to date the NCSC repository related to security guides and other deliverables.
* Support and follow up the requests for change (RFC) processes including development of documentation.
* Support the branch activities by maintaining the hardware, software and deliverables inventory.
* Assist with team coordination activities and requests, ensuring tasks are followed up until resolution.
* Assist with CIS coordination activities.
* Take initiatives in his/her area of responsibility and support the other objectives of his/her line manager.
The required skill set for the contracted individual is extensive knowledge and experience (more than 5 years) in the following areas:
* Experience in at least one of these areas:
o Endpoint protection (antimalware, application whitelisting data loss prevention)
o Firewalls such as Palo Alto
o IT systems administration
* Knowledge of cyber security principles, best practices, concepts and technology.
* Knowledge of virtual environment based on VMWare infrastructure.
* Ability to work independently and in teams to achieve the desired goals, including the ability to monitor and support a team.
* Excellent organizing and communication skills.
* Excellent communications and writing skills in English.
* Working knowledge of standard office applications and tools such as Outlook, OneNote, MS Office and SharePoint.
* Understanding of the constraints related to IT systems on NATO networks is desirable.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.