Cyber Security Watchkeeper
Posted on Feb 13, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
The duties of the individual mainly focus on:
* Information Assurance incident management;
* 24/7 helpdesk service management;
* Management of Secure Management Centre's (SMC) including:
key management, access control management, security monitoring, IP crypto configuration management, error location and recovery, data base back up, alarm handling;
* Management of NATO Wide PKI user profiles, CA certificates, End-User certificates, other root CA domains certificates, CRLs and ARLs
* Provide technical support and assistance to ACO wide and NATO Agencies and National MODs
* Cyber Security 24/7 watch-keeping duties such as: receiving advisories from national and non-government CERTs, disseminating general incident related information to CIS operating authorities, providing technical support and assistance to NATO
CIS operating authorities in respect to malicious code prevention, providing liaison with other CERTs, providing limited technical support and assistance to NATO CIS operating authorities in respect to intrusion detection, performing initial incident response, recovery, and reporting activities in support of operational NATO CIS, reporting incidents and vulnerabilities to the Cyber Security sections, coordinating the collection and processing of all cyber related information for NU, NR, MS and NS systems, providing centralized on line Vulnerability Assessment of remote networks and interfaces;
* Support incident response, as requested, ie, forensic investigation in parallel of recovery and reporting activities;
* Cyber Security Information Sharing Services - This Service provides the dissemination and/or production of different type of documents/updates such as: Cyber Security Daily news, Trend Micro Patterns, replication of Trend Micro Active Repository, McAfee updates, Juniper Signatures, ExtraDat, Cyber Defence SitRep Bulletins, NATO Identified Malware Block List (NIMBL);
* Internet e-mail and Internet-Facing Web Sites monitoring Service
- Internet Facing Email Content Monitoring: Checking of all Inbound/Outbound Internet e-mail to ensure compliance with NATO and applicable local Security Polices; such checks include
Duties & Role:
malicious code, executable content, encrypted content, SPAM, and Classified Data content;
*Internet Web Site monitoring - The ability to centrally monitor customer's Internet-facing Web Sites for availability and unauthorised changes and to take appropriate reporting/remedial actions.
The incumbent must have at least a vocational training at a higher level in Computer Science or related discipline.
The required skill set for the contracted individual is extensive knowledge and experience (more than 5 years) in the following areas:
*A good knowledge of Computer Security principles and procedures. Proficiency with Cryptography Technology.
Knowledge of Internet Protocol based networks and components (Routers and Switches);
*Sound Telecommunications background with a minimum of three years' experience in the management or installation of data communications equipment;
*A good knowledge of public key infrastructure technology with a minimum of three years' experience in the management of PKI systems;
*Working knowledge of Crypto systems and techniques;
*Working knowledge of Router configuration;
*Familiar or proficient with NATO/National Crypto security policies and procedures;
*Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications;
*Extensive experience in the analysis of risk and in the implementation and integration of Information Security protective measures;
*A high level of knowledge of network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques;
*Ability to use office automation tools to an advanced standard (MS Office Professional);
*A good familiarity and understanding of military communication systems and networks;
*A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Administration techniques;
*Good interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Desirable Experience and Education:
A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline at a nationally recognised/certified University would be desirable.
*Experience with Information Systems Engineering and Maintenance - Information Security Implementation Computer
*Specific experience: Must be familiar with the detailed and
complex NATO standards for the operation of CRYPTO and the
associated equipment that process and secure NATO classified
*Experience in development and implementation of computer
*Experience in evaluation and accreditation of telecommunications
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
and information systems;
* Experience in security requirements analysis.
* Hold one or more of the following IT security qualifications/certifications:
o ITIL foundation in IT Service Management
* Prior experience of working in an international mission environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.