Data Engineer with GCP exp
Posted on Feb 13, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Data Engineer with GCP exp
Location: Malmo, Sweden
Type: Contract role
We are looking for a Data Engineer with 4-7 years' experience (Senior)
The scope of the consultant services is to assist in..
- Be part of an existing cross functional team developing scalable ML solutions on Google Cloud Platform, with Python as the main development language for both data science and the Back End micro-services (GCP experience is not a must)
- Lead the data engineering/ML engineering efforts in the team, together with experienced hands-on team members
- Further enhance and develop the existing ML pipelines with a focus on scalability and security, and enabling fast experimentation through A/B testing
Desired knowledge, experience, competence skills etc.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as Data Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer or Software Developer (or a combination of these)
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages (Python, Go, Java or Scala), and comfortable developing APIs using modern web frameworks
- Experience working with cloud databases or data warehouses (proficient SQL and SQL query optimization techniques)
- Good grasp of technologies used in conjunction with big data projects (for example Spark, Kafka, Beam) preferably major cloud service providers
- Comfortable collaborating with the rest of the team on developing and deploying pipelines for large-scale machine learning models
- Ideally, familiar with technologies used for orchestrating the data workflows in machine learning projects (for example Airflow, Kubeflow, dbt)
- Familiar with working Agile, and applying DevOps in which solutions evolve through the effort of self-organizing cross-functional teams
Three most important things
- At least 2 years working specifically as a Senior Data Engineer or SW Engineer in a team working with big data solutions (and additional relevant experience in other areas of SW development/DevOps/DataOps or Data Science)
- Must be collaborative and proactive, taking ownership of solutions and driving best practices in the entire team in his area of expertise