Quantitative UX Research Assistant
Posted on Feb 12, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Zurich we are looking for Quantitative UX Research Assistant for 10 months contract.
Title: Quantitative UX Research Assistant
Duration: ASAP until 31st of December 2021
Quantitative UX Researchers conduct empirical research using methods from computer science, quantitative social science, statistics, econometrics, and other fields to understand user behavior and extract meaningful patterns from large data sets. They partner with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders across the company to improve the user experience and drive product excellence.
As a Quantitative UX Researcher, you combine skills in experimental design, statistical analysis, survey design, programming and human-computer interaction to improve the user experience. As a member of the UX Researcher team, you work with stakeholders across functions and levels. You solve challenging problems and empower the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. You do more than crunch numbers: through reports and team engagement, you provide a UX perspective on quantitative data to help stakeholders understand their users. Coming up with solutions is only one part of your job. Equally important is to identify and quantify problems, and to embark on new research areas worth exploring through innovative methods. You apply principles of rigorous and ethical research to build and improve products that satisfy users' needs and exceed their expectations.
- Support existing research initiatives, prioritize and drive research to quantify and improve the travel product user experience.
- Support product development and design and provide confidence in decision making through thorough quantitative insights.
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers.
- Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high impact research.
- Develop code and statistical models to understand user experience.
- Drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company.
- Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
- Facilitate high research impact through data visualisation and novel research communication methods.
- Fluency in SQL
- Mastery of R or Python
- MS or PhD degree (completed or in progress) in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field
- Expertise in multivariate statistics and the design of experiments
- Expertise in survey design
- Expertise in data visualisation techniques and tools
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets
- Track ecord of communicating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Practical experience in research communication to technical and non-technical audiences
- 3 years of relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field