Product Marketing Manager SDN
Posted on Feb 11, 2021 by Colt
Colt is the New Standard in high bandwidth network and voice services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs. With a global reach but a deep local presence, Colt is big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
The role is to manage product marketing for Colt SDN (Software Defined Networking) portfolio and drive Colt thought leadership on SDN.
Being SDN a leading edge technology and a key component of Colt strategy, this role is also thought to drive innovation in Colt.
- Develop product marketing collateral for SDN - ensure it reflects the needs of Colt target markets globally and positions Colt as an innovator and a thought leader.
- Agree SDN related campaigns and marcoms with Marketing and Communications
- Write SDN related thought leadership content to feed Colt external and internal communications channels.
- Work with Marketing to ensure Colt's web site offers a consistent, powerful and easily consumable overview of Colt SDN capabilities and offering.
- Work with Communications and Sales Enablement to plan and deliver internal and external announcements, newsletter articles, webinars to ensure SDN related news are communicated effectively and timely.
- Deliver presentations about Colt SDN offering and positioning, in coordination with product managers
- Ensure sales enablement digital platforms are kept up-to-date in line with Colt SDN offering evolution.
- Innovate the way Colt SDN capabilities and offering are presented internally and externally
- Drive award submissions in the SDN space.
Key performance indicators
- Timely internal and external launch of new SDN related products and features
- Comprehensive go-to-market plans effectively implemented
- Colt ranking in SDN related analyst reports
- Colt ranking in SDN related web searches
- Internal awareness about Colt SDN capabilities and offering
Relationships and key contacts
This is a role with a wide range of contacts:
- Product Managers
- Strategy & Technical Innovation
- Market Development
- External industry analysts
- Sales and Pre-sales
- Sales Enablement
- Customer Relationship Management
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience & Qualifications
- Strong experience in B2B Product Marketing or Product Management
- Solid background knowledge of SDN technology & products and the relevant marketplace (competition, customer profiles, suppliers...), including SD-WAN, universal CPE, On Demand etc.
- Experience with working in an international environment
- Excellent English language skills (writing and verbal)
- Proven expertise in presentation techniques. Able to interact with press and analysts.
- Able to present and position complex topics from a customer perspective
- MBA or equivalent degree required
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Ability to influence people outside of hierarchical control
- Focus on delivery and getting things done
- Attitude to challenge stereotypes
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace.