Software Design Engineer (Factory Automation)
Posted on Feb 11, 2021 by MSys UK Ltd
We are looking for a Software Design Engineer (Factory Automation) to work for one of our clients in Eindhoven, North Brabant, Netherlands. Due to the CoVid, initially the role will be remote, unless the situation chnages you have to work in the office location in Eindhoven.
- Team of 10 people operates as part of an Agile Release Train providing software facilities used by all software components.
- You can be responsible for the operating system abstraction components, data handling and communication between software components. You do this in a multi-operating system environment.
- You are happy to collaborate with users on the design of the functionality you work on and on how they would like the system to work.
- You are motivated to collaborate with other system functions to align on the overall machine control design for the Source system.
- You are capable of understanding and explaining complex challenges and you can guide your colleagues in the implementation of the smaller parts that you identified.
- You take pride in writing clean, high quality and maintainable code, regardless if you write that code in C, C++ or Python.
- You will be responsible for creating clear software specifications from functional specifications, breaking up complex functionality into smaller parts and leading your colleagues in the implementation.
- You will handle software related issues and improvements and implement new functionality.
- You will also directly pick up critical issues with our field and factory systems.
- You and your team work together with the product owner on the high priority items of the product backlog, and with your team you are responsible for improving software quality.
- You will be required to make efficient design choices but also to make it happen' by contributing to the implementation and testing of that design.
- You will use C/C++, Python, Object Oriented Design programming and Linux within a highly complex Embedded environment.
- Demonstrable expertise in C++, C, Python, Object Oriented Design & programming,
- Unix/Linux, Python, and software configuration management (ClearCase, GIT).
- Experienced in working in SAFe or Agile team environment and applying lean practices.
- Factory Automation (SECS, EDA, etcetera), data management & security, data policy related experience.
Please note that you should have eligible work visa as the client doesnot sponsor any visa. So, anyone who doesnot have a valid visa, please refrain from applying.