Principal Azure DevOps Consultant
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by Expert-Thinking (Consulting) Limited
Job Title: Principal Azure DevOps Consultant
Expert Thinking is looking to grow its team with the best talent in the UK. As a leading remote-first cloud technology consultancy our people are the key to our success, and to the delivery of outstanding products and services to our customers across a wide range of industries including logistics, pharma and finance. With revenue forecast to double over 2021 we need talented individuals with experience helping organisations adopt DevOps practices at scale, encompassing design, integration and delivery.
As a principal consultant, you will take a lead role in all aspects of delivery and product development relating to how DevOps manages delivery of software from requirements through to acceptance. You will to span the organisational and technical aspects of DevOps, have a fantastic track record in delivery and are comfortable leading from the front.
Specific Technical Needs:
- A deep knowledge of the application of DevOps philosophy to software delivery based on participation in one or more DevOps transformations
- Strong knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies including hands-on experience as a Scrum Master or equivalent preferably using Azure DevOps
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Azure DevOps Boards, Dashboard Configuration, reporting, process customisation, portfolio management, Roadmaps and relevant extensions. Any experience of complementary products a bonus (eg time tracking, integrations, external reporting tools)
- Strong hands-on experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, TeamCity etc, from design through implementation and configuration and customisation of pipeline as code
- Proven experience of how to cope with real world scenarios that diverge from the typical ones often referred to or encountered eg mature products built prior to DevOps/Agile transformation
- Framework composition - defining and improving frameworks to accelerate consultancy delivery as well as client adoption/improvements.
- A strong belief in how DevOps and Microsoft tooling and platforms can help accelerate an enterprise's delivery processes.
- Strong consultancy skills - managing client engagements throughout the whole life cycle from presales to post engagement, report writing, analysis, conduct meetings.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to C-Level, being an excellent communicator, demonstrating at all times exceptional inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-directed, motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work effectively under pressure
- Be a good team player, keen to share knowledge and willingly assist fellow team members
- Passionate about learning
- Be able to work from home effectively but be prepared to travel to occasionally once restrictions are lifted
This is a permanent role, with excellent pay rates for the right individuals. We offer a range of benefits including pension contributions, health care, your choice of technology, training and self-development budget alongside flexible working in an open, collaborative environment. Get in touch today if you have these skills and want to make a real difference across a large portfolio of customers.