Senior Systems Administrator
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Management of WAN/LAN operations
* Management of the Office 365 Environment
* Day to day administration, monitoring and support of Active Directory and Windows systems
* Willingness to work non-standard hours
* Research, test, approve and apply MS security patches to ensure systems meet security requirements
* Manage and maintain VMWare 6.5 environment for virtualized Servers
* Manage and maintain SAN and NAS environments
* Manage and maintain multiple LAN environments
* Proactive management of Systems Security, and timely testing of patches for various networked equipment
* Monitor server performance and make recommendations for improvements
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for Windows Servers
* Aid and guidance to other system administrators, field support and help desk staff on all windows server related issues
* Provide and update documentation as required
* Assist with the management of Group Policies and Active Directory
* Assist other System Administrators with various application and system support issues as needed
* Establish and maintain standards for software configurations on the server
* Troubleshoot all server related hardware and software problems and perform preventative maintenance as required
* Ability to travel
* Others duties as assigned
* Must have excellent customer service skills
* Strong knowledge of Cyber Security framework
* Experience working within the Office 365 Environment, including Exchange Administration, SharePoint On-line proficiency, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Teams.
* Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 and Windows 2019.
* Deep Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP Networking and LAN/WAN environments
* 5+ years' experience with Aruba/HPE Internal LAN Networking.
* 5+ years' experience with Firewalls/VPN's and WAN connectivity.
* 3-5+ years as administrator for multi-site environment including Active Directory and Group Policy administration, DHCP, DNS, RDS and Certificate Services.
* Experience with enterprise-class backup systems, Local Area Networks, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage.
* Experience with capacity planning, performance tuning and metrics analysis.
* Experience with native and 3rd-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* 5+ years knowledge of VMware and other virtualization technologies.
* Excellent ability to work efficiently with internal technology collaborators and business groups.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple sites and networks.
* Attention to detail with strong communication and documentation skills.
* Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with a minimum of 5 years' experience
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.