IT Help Desk Technician
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Essential Duties: Candidate is required to perform these tasks.
- Provide Tier 1 support for all users including taking, recording and resolving Helpdesk calls, and moving calls to higher Tiers as necessary.
- Ensure that department/company policy is followed when interacting with a user or handling a support call.
- Maintain the desktop/office equipment inventory in the Helpdesk system and audit occasionally for accuracy.
- Maintain desktop/Workstation images and ensure they are current for all models of desktops/workstations in use.
- Daily operations tasks in the data room.
- Cleaning of the server room and network closets.
- Deploying hardware, software and documentation to company employees after receiving proper approvals.
- Weekly status reports.
- Schedule and perform remote support activity after receiving proper approvals.
- Monitor, review and report on needed updates for desktop/office equipment, including firmware, patches, drivers, etc. Implement firmware, patches, drivers, etc. as approved by supervisor.
- Prepare new desktops, printers and copiers for deployment including preparation of hardware, software, documentation, scheduling, reclamation, and training.
- Provide training to users for common desktop applications, desktops/workstations and office equipment.
- Desktop and office equipment troubleshooting
- Backup of other positions as necessary.
Responsibilities: Candidate is expected to take ownership of these items.
- Maintain orderly work areas in all department locations.
- All Tier 1 calls with appropriate approvals.
- Some Tier 2 calls with appropriate approvals.
- Desktop/Workstation maintenance and cleaning.
- Desktop/Workstation software maintenance and updating with approval.
- Office equipment (printers, fax & copiers) maintenance and cleaning.
- Ensuring that out-of-service desktops/Workstation are properly cleared of all company data.
- Specified operations tasks in the datacenter as needed for coverage.
- Responsible for notifying copier vendors of copy counts and needed support.
- Responsible for reporting based on Helpdesk data.
- Technical and Administrative documentation for assigned tasks.
- User training documentation for common software applications and equipment.
- Other tasks as designated.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.