IT Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the integration and configuration of new and existing insurance blocks along with transfers from aging administrative systems
- Convert business requirements to technical requirements
- Analyze user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve processing
- Perform intermediate data analysis, data manipulation, QA testing and data validation for business conversions
- Work directly with all levels of IT and the organization to create solutions that will enable internal departments to provide outstanding service to our clients
- Review master policies/certificates and other plan documentation to understand how each will be supported administratively
- Lead and provide guidance to others in determining best solutions
- Develop summary guides explaining how each insurance block is supported serving as a reference for internal staff
- Troubleshoot and problem solve operational issues
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills including development, creation and maintenance of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word documents
- Define administration system modification requirements
- Provide assistance to users of the administration systems
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study
- Experience using Microsoft SQL or other structured query languages
- 2-3 years Analyst experience
- Insurance experience in the life and health market or similar product markets preferred
- Professional experience supporting the use of 3rd party business applications
- Experience working with small volumes of data utilizing software tools to assist in the data analysis
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Can prioritize workload on a daily basis
- Must be self-directed, thorough, and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills - can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both verbally and electronically
- Demonstrated skills in Excel including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets
- Demonstrated skills in Access for creating databases, importing/exporting data, and constructing queries
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website .
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.