Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by TEKsystems
Role: Hadoop Administrator
Contract Length: 12 months
Start Date: ASAP
For my client, international and prestigious Financial Organization in Zurich, I am looking for an experienced Hadoop Administrator. You will be responsible for Managing the full life cycle of the platform from a Production Services' point of view, E2E, in a proactive manner. Preventing escalations, managing risks and fulfilling the expectations of the platform's key stakeholders will be your daily priorities.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a fast paced, collaborative team environment, have experience and knowledge to make a positive impact on a project, please apply within.
Platform Administration and Maintenance
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop clusters. Including setting up Kerberos principals and testing
- Cluster maintenance, creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise
- Screen Spark cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Setting up disaster recovery on Cloudera cluster including HDFS, HBase, Kafka and Spark workloads
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Align with the engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
- Troubleshoot and review and manage Hadoop log files
- Load Balancing, Workload management, quota management of the Cloudera cluster
- Cluster monitoring and responding to internal tickets and email alerts. File system management and monitoring
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and Business Intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to install Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- HDFS and other Cloudera Hadoop components support and maintenance
- Ensure specific scheduled events are prepared and executed along expectations (upgrades, scheduled maintenance events, DRs, etc.)
- Ensure INC tickets are followed up, also in other queues, based on the right criticality, along the expectations of the user community
- Ensure SINs are sent and setup correctly for the specific tenant application
- Ensure task forces are set up and run if necessary
- Excellent knowledge of Linux commands and utilities required to analyze and solve issues related to large Big data clusters (min. 5 years of working experience)
- Experience of working with Cloudera Hadoop components (support and maintenance) such as HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, YARN, ZooKeeper and Postgres (min. 3 years of experience)
- Understanding of Incident Management/Problem Management processes
- Screen Spark cluster job performances and capacity planning (any experience would be a huge plus)
- Experience of working with Enterprise Job Schedulers like Control-M/Rundeck is good to have
- Experience in Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Understanding and experience of working on Palantir Foundry platform is good to have
- Knowledge of Tableau administration would be an asset
- Knowledge of Micro service Architecture
- Knowledge of Salt stack/Ansible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English,
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills, please apply within or send your CV to (see below)
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.