Senior Java/Quantitative Developer
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by SuisseCo GmbH
SuisseCo specializes in the international recruitment and placement of highly qualified IT specialists in Switzerland. We support our clients in the implementation of their IT projects and guarantee quick and flexible solutions of the highest quality.
For one of our clients in the banking industry we are currently looking for a Senior Java/Quantitative Developer
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies and approaches for portfolio construction, trade recommendation, asset allocation
- Creative environment in which technology is a key business value driver
- Translating high level business requirements into quantitative models
- Implementation of requirements, with particular focus on scalability, stability, automated testing
- Interaction with an international team of developers, architects, quantitative investment professionals
Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- Java software engineering background
- Experience and knowledge of Python and its ecosystem including quantitative related libraries with a particular focus on developing highly performant code (without using C/C++).
- Knowledge of portfolio optimization techniques and theory, including principles of risk management in finance
- Good understanding of financial time series and products, ability to understand and solve data quality issues in financial products (At least 3 years' experience in the financial industry)
- Master studies in technical a discipline (ie mathematics, computer science engineering or physics)
- Previous experience of a (quantitative) developer role in finance or computationally intense computing
- Good experience in API design, related technologies (OpenAPI, Swagger, REST, gRPC) and relevant Python libraries such as FastApi, Flask, Pydantic etc.
- Experience with Linux environments
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, cloud & containerization technologies)
- Experience of Agile practices and processes