Experienced Esri GIS Software and Desktop Software Technical Support S
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Esri GIS Software and Desktop Software Technical Support Specialist, who specializes in desktop GIS software technical support and PC support.
Pay is $21.50/hr. This contract is indefinite. Need someone in this role each year
Under direct supervision, provides Esri ArcGIS (Geographic Information System (GIS) user support on a continuing basis either by phone or site visit. Troubleshoots end-user problems. Coordinates with IT staff on issues, helps users be more productive.
Complete Description for a Esri GIS Software and Desktop Software Technical Support Specialist
- Under direct supervision, provides Esri ArcGIS user support on a continuing basis either by phone/email, Microsoft Teams, Remote Desktop, or site visit.
- Receives requests for technical support through CLIENTS work request system.
- Contacts customers to clarify, isolate, replicate, and troubleshoot issues.
- Documents and tracks issues to resolution or escalates to more experienced staff.
- Provides user instruction/guidance.
- Assists GIS/IT teams in implementing solutions.
- May develop and conduct training programs for GIS user group.
- Acts as 1st line of GIS technical support for CLIENTS
- Provides excellent customer service, follow-up, and follow-through to address customer concerns or needs; acts as a customer liaison
- Provides troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email, and desktop screen sharing; clarifies customer issues to obtain necessary information
- Provides accurate feedback on technical problems, next steps, and solutions
- Escalates technical issues and coordinates with IT staff to resolve problems and provide solutions, consults with Esri support as needed
- Creates, updates, and resolves work request tickets; updates work time log; provides status/progress reports
- Instructs customers in using Esri ArcGIS solutions and supported applications, enables customers to be more productive with GIS
- Develops, updates, or maintains system/technical documentation as needed
- Connects customers to training and other resources to assist them in using the system
- Assists in application validation after system updates/upgrades
- Assists in data development, obtaining updates, QA/QC, metadata, or map/service preparation
- Assists in implementing ArcGIS solutions
- Performs a variety of special projects and assignments and provides on-call support as needed Develops CLIENTS GIS User Group, resources, training materials, and website
- Follows CLIENTS IT policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
- Candidate will be working in the Enterprise GIS Team of CLIENTS IT Applications.
- Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units.
- The candidate will follow internal Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC), standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The Enterprise GIS team is composed of 2 ArcGIS developers, 2 System Administrators, a data manager, and team leader.
- The team supports over 180 ArcGIS Desktop users and approximately 60,000 annual ArcGIS Server web visits.
- Applications support GIS Portal/Online/Hub, feature mapping, project planning, emergency operations, permitting, safety, and traffic records.
- The team develops enterprise GIS services, applications, and databases.
- The team coordinates with client, server, network, and database/data warehouse personnel to support and develop the underlying IT solutions.
Bachelor's degree in geography, GIS, environmental science, computer science, information systems, or related field
Knowledge and experience with Esri ArcGIS software
Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as GPS, mapping, data editing, spatial analysis, metadata, etc.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills
Able to isolate, reproduce, and troubleshoot technical issues
Positive, professional, independent, self-starter, with good organization skills
Passion to provide excellent customer service and build effective customer relationships
Able to use judgement and think before acting
Graduate GIS Certificate, URISA GISP, Esri ArcGIS Certification, or other related GIS training/certifications
Experience with ArcGIS Online or related mobile applications
IT application support or hardware/software troubleshooting experience
Nice to have
Nice to have
Experience working with shapefiles, geodatabases, or any other database experience
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".