Solution Architect, Utilities - Brussels
Posted on Feb 9, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
Fluent in English and preferably knowledge of French or Dutch.
Utilties sector experience essential.
The mission is to act as Solution Architect into the Architecture & Support Team on various assignments by supporting and providing solution to project teams at Group and local level and delivering key documents related to Solution, Application & Integration Architecture. Operational activities will be part of daily tasks.
In the context of the Group IT formation, the Solution Architect will:
- Design architecture solution(s) in line with IT strategy and standards
- Provide solution architecture to cover Business needs in the active application landscape
- Evaluate products & tools, run POCs in the Program/projects framework
- Ensure the usage of best practices, standards in terms of development and integration
- Coordination of IT experts & collaborate with Software Factory & Integration teams
- Evaluate & propose the most adequate development platform regarding the project context
- Take care on integration aspects regarding the new application implementation
- Be active as an expert to relevant committees and RFP processes
- Participate on Business enterprise study on project/program context
- collect current as-is architecture landscape information of the various layers, eg applications, technology, data and integration in order to enrich the Solution Architecture repository
- Audit compliancy of development with defined design in the project context
- Contribute in the lessons learned phase
- Fluent in English and preferably knowledge of French or Dutch.Knowledge of German is a plus. Supplier and procurement documentation and meetings with external parties will be in English. The consultant will collaborate with French, Dutch and German speaking team members.
- Practical experience in the Solution Architecture function.
- Broader experience in application architecture designing at functional level.
- Previous experience related to Utilities or Energy sector is a must, as well as experience in transformation phases of mergers
- Large experience in designing complex IT systems in utility sector is required.
- Knowledge on market processes used in the Energy Utility Sector is mandatory.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or experience in integrating with SAP is required.
- Knowledge on modern development like DevOps or Cloud platform is required.
- Experience in IT Processes, preferably using standard frameworks like ITIL, TOGAF and COBIT.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and practical experience in software, development & integration design patterns is a plus.
- Having an active experience in Request For Proposal procedure is plus.
- Experience with merger situations and following transformations is a plus
- Autonomous and able to work in agile teams. He will regularly report and share issues or insights with other Solution Architects and Data architects to build together a common vision and direction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members from different horizons (IT project leaders, Development teams, business users).
- Can work autonomously and take initiative for engaging with people at all levels.
- Results focused.
- Team player with strong collaboration focus and very good presentation skills.
- Start ASAP.
- Full time mission until 28/02/2022 with the possibility of extension.
- Location: Working location will be the Emperor Building in Brussels (homeworking during COVID-19 period) and Berlin occasionally (Travel costs will be paid).