Technical Support (3rd level)
Posted on Feb 7, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Four our client in Zurich, Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Technical Support (3rd level) for a 6 months project (extension possible)
Overview of business area or project:
We are looking for a proactive, hardworking, detail orientated 3rd level support person in Zurich to be part & travel alongside of IWM 3.0, the multiyear strategic transformation program in IWM (International Wealth Management) Division.
The key goals of IWM 3.0 program are:
- Platform standardization and harmonization (Front to back) across the international branches
- Separation of differentiating/non-differentiating services based on IWM 3.0 target architecture
The program has three major vertical pillars: sales platform, booking platform and execution platform. We are part of Booking Platform, which delivers the core banking T24 & other 6 key applications in the program.
- Provide L3 Support which involves monitoring, debugging and service recovery for Java based applications mostly written using Java, Spring Boot framework
- Technical face-off for the L2 & APAC delivery team for the interfaces, which integrates into T24 the main core-banking platform in IWM 3.0
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies as well as accountable for active tracking till the resolution/mitigations
- The person should see him/herself as an extension of engineering/Site reliability engineer(SRE). Formulate and present recommendations for improvements to key process controls, leading the implementation where these recommendations are accepted.
- Take a pro-active role in developing your knowledge in key systems, products and processes within the Private Bank area
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
Current size of the Zurich T24 technical team from Booking Platform: 5 which is part of a very large APAC & EMEA Booking platform team. Close cooperation with the team located in India, Singapore, Spain and Switzerland
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Till acquire the platform/landscape knowledge, he/she will be completely dependent on India/Singapore L3 team.
- KPI/Time pressure in giving the solutions to the end users.
- Pressure from development team to deploy the codes due to regulatory/business deadlines. However the person needs to have unbiased view on the quality of the code & recommend any changes in case of any quality issue.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in performing 3rd level support role: 4 - 5 years of the experience
- Strong experience in the following technology stacks: Java, Oracle DB Linux, Bash: 4-5 years of the experience Shell Scripting,
- Hands on experience in Apache Kafka the open source stream-processing software platform: 2-3 years of the experience
- Hands on experience with Postgre SQL & Ansible would be a plus
- Know-how on industry standard DevOps technologies which can be adopted to company's methodology/technology
- Self-Motivated & independent thinker willing to work in an agile, iterative development methodology
- Capable of confidently express yourself & communicate ideas.
- Passionate about technology, client and team oriented person.
- Readiness to take responsibilities.
- Proficient written and spoken English is must.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- German skills would be a plus
Candidate Value Proposition:
- The role is part of a very large strategic transformation program hence lot of opportunities to grow.
- Possibility of being internalized.