Manager of Security Exploits and Penetration Testing
Posted on Feb 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Manager of Security Exploits and Penetration Testing. Candidate will be responsible for driving an offensive security program to holistically test systems and applications for vulnerabilities and demonstrate the impact to the business through exploitation. This person will lead a multi-national team of penetration testing engineers. This candidate will lead by forming strong partnerships within the organization and guide their team members by providing vision, strategy, and prioritization to identify vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Own and drive the penetration testing program strategy and management of third party testing services and/or bug bounty programs
- Be a champion for vulnerability services and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team's services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Drive actionable metrics and reporting for operations and leadership transparency
- Provide prompt attention and visibility into risks, vulnerabilities, and issues serving as an escalation path for team member effectiveness
- Closely support and collaborate with other Cyber Security Operations teams
- Provide support on incidents and outages as necessary to enable effectiveness of the team and its operations
- Serve as subject matter expert related to penetration testing, secure development, and secure configuration
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to secure development/deployment and vulnerability management
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Providing mentorship, coaching, performance management and support to team members with regard to advanced offensive security techniques, vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Continuously develop and execute training exercises and Capture the Flag activities for Cyber Security Operations Center teams to increase technical skills and understanding of the attacker mindset
- Oversight of onboard and offboard resources
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years experience in penetration testing, offensive security, red teaming
- Drive to learn new things about vulnerability management, exploits, hacker techniques, and overall security operations
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and multiple techniques for penetration testing
- Advanced experience with multiple open source tools for security testing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
- Excels at prioritizing work and other demands for self and team including making risk-based decisions about remediation recommendations
- Ability to define, communicate, and execute on a vision and strategy
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls
- CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GMOB, OSCP or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.