Pressure Systems Engineer - Senior
Posted on Feb 6, 2021 by Inavise Tech
We are currently recruiting a Pressure Systems Engineer to join our team in Strasbourg, France. The client is a multinational company in over 50 countries, with 16,000 staff.
The pressure systems team provides on-going pressure system and mechanical integrity support for the client's operating facilities in Europe. The scope of pressure system equipment includes Pressure Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Fired Heaters, Reformers, Storage Tanks, Piping, Pipelines and Safety Relief Devices.
The role requires understanding of key engineering principles to troubleshoot equipment issues and resolve them effectively. The role will include equipment inspection, repair
and maintenance activities.
Key responsibilities will be to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of pressure systems equipment and support regulatory compliance.
Travel within Europe will be required.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience providing Pressure Systems/Mechanical Integrity support to operating facilities, ideally for a multinational company within the Petrol Chem/Air Separation/Power industries.
- An understanding of the various design codes and rules of construction for piping and pressure vessels.
- Knowledge in the industry standard Fitness for Service procedures and assessments eg API 579.
- Experience in writing inspection schemes for pressurised equipment and systems.
- A working knowledge of design, materials strength, damage mechanisms, welding, standard non-destructive test methods (eg Radiography, Ultrasonics). Advanced methods would be an advantage.
- Experience in interacting with in-service inspection companies and Notified Bodies would be an advantage.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English across all levels. Together with another European Language (ideally French and/or German).
- The ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in a pressurised situation. He/she must be able to make high quality decisions on what action should be taken.
- Experience of maintenance planning tools (eg SAP) and mechanical integrity management software (eg Credo) would be an advantage.
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, workload and working hours.
- Full Driving License
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide front line technical expertise on piping, vessel and heat exchanger systems in support of continued operation of the plant. The key drivers being safety, reliability and plant availability.
- Develop and maintain a Mechanical Integrity program to ensure safe, reliable, regulatory and efficient operation for production plants. The inspection requirements shall satisfy specific European country regulation and client procedures.
- Through regular review, ensure that the inspection program is updated to reflect operation, industry experience and any new requirements.
- Support plant shutdowns from the planning stage to inspection, evaluation, recommendation of corrective actions and final reporting.
- Resolve inspection findings in a way that supports plant availability whilst satisfying regulatory bodies and maintaining safety.
- Resolve any issues associated with pressure systems equipment in operating facilities. This will include developing repair strategies and supervising onsite repairs.
- Provide technical guidance to plant operation/maintenance on suitable inspection types and methods.
- Explore and where appropriate, implement new technology solutions to enhance the cost-effective way in which the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained.
- Provide technical review for any equipment or plant modification in accordance with the Management of Change procedure.
- Develop inspection and test plans for fabrication and installation of pressure systems(modifications) to existing facilities.