Guardium DAM VA Engineer/REMOTE
Posted on Feb 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Guardium Engineer. Candidate is responsible for security, stability, standardization and documentation for multiple database platforms. A strong understanding of general database security principals is required. This role requires the ability to understand and remediate database vulnerabilities while ensuring stability and availability of critical database systems. The individual in this position will coordinate, communicate, and lead delivery of diverse projects utilizing Agile development life cycle while maintaining production support standards.
The Guardium Engineer will work with the Information Protection team utilizing database monitoring and vulnerability reporting (GUARDIUM DAM, GUARDIUM VA). He/she will independently analyze, assess, communicate, and document database vulnerabilities. Guardium Engineers coordinate with application teams as part of database remediation and will independently assess risk and level of remediation effort. This position also handles reviewing and developing policies, standards, and best practices for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in database management and familiarity with UDB, SYBASE, DB2, z/OS and Sql Server RDBMS as well as NoSQL environments.
- Experience with database monitoring/vulnerability reporting tools (Guardium)
- Experience with GBDI
- Experience with Cloud Database Protection (JSonar/Guardium)
- Ability to work independently and communicate across teams.
- Risk assessment experience, especially with NIST 800-53 Threat identification, system security categorization, gap analysis, compliance reporting
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and address issues in a timely fashion in an agile environment.
- Proactively identify and lead improvements to ensure security and stability in database environments
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the organization while driving database security standardization solutions across multiple database platforms.
- Ability to create presentations geared toward leaders of a technical and non-technical nature
- Knowledge of creating technical roadmaps
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations and controls
Experience with Scripting and automation techniques a plus.