Apigee Platform Senior
Posted on Feb 6, 2021 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
- Lead the installation of Apigee on-prem in partnership with Architecture and the Cloud Engineering teams
- Lead the design and implementation of API Gateway solutions
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Lead analytical and consulting working sessions to solve technical problems faced by the application teams trying to onboard to Apigee and/or the CA API Gateway
- Lead DR (Disaster Recovery) exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe
- Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform will be able to handle additional transactions in the future
- Help troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
- Lead root cause analysis session to understand what causes particular issues in Production and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee).
- Apigee and/or CA API Gateway Knowledge - Infrastructure build and maintenance, Gateway setup, Oauth configuration
- Knowledge on Policy creation/Template development and operational support within Apigee and/or CA API Gateway.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms (Ideally AWS)
- Infrastructure automation in AWS
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Ability to write groovy scripts
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems and Shell Scripting
- Experience with CICD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Good understanding of REST API and JSON
- Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
- Experience with high availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
- Experience in designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- Experience with Apigee Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal, etc.
- 5 years of experience supporting Apigee as a Platform
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of Cassandra and Zookeeper
- Basic understanding of Python scripts and be able to update them if needed
- 4 Years of experiences with Ansible
- 5 Years of experience with Groovy scripts
- Experience with various cloud products: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Product (GCP), PCF etc.
- Knowledge of Systems and Networking - TCP and IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancing