Engineering Project Manager (Renewables)
Posted on Feb 6, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
We are recruiting for an Engineering Project Manager to work with an award-winning client in the Renewable Energy Sector. The role will be a mixture of on-site and office work and the client is willing to consider candidates who can work remotely, with travel to the Edinburgh Head Office when required.
The central purpose of the role will be managing the design, procurement, construction and commission of commercial scale renewable energy projects (primarily wind and solar) on behalf of clients and partners.
There will also be a significant technical aspect to the role such as Preparing detailed engineering drawings, maps and technical specifications and scope of works for engineering work packages for projects (e.g. ground works, structural works, M&E infrastructure, HV electrical works, etc).
You will be expected to contribute to Business Development and bring new business to the company, ideally through pre-existing contacts and knowledge of the UK Renewable Sector.
The following qualifications, training and professional memberships are desired:
* Undergraduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Chartered or associate member of a relevant civil or other engineering body.
* Project management qualification (or equivalent).
* Health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH, SMSTS, etc)
* Project management experience of commercial scale wind or solar projects through the design, procurement and construction phases.
* Experience in strategic planning and risk management.
* Good working knowledge of engineering standards relevant to the design and construction of renewable energy projects (e.g. BS standards, Eurocodes, etc).,
* Good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and civil engineering.
For more information and to apply please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy Edinburgh.