Curator/Art Collections Specialist - Freelance
Posted on Feb 5, 2021 by Costello & Reyes Group Limited
We have an exciting and somewhat extraordinary opportunity to fill a role within a Government Agency for someone experienced in curating and/or art and book collections.
Is this you?
- Ideally, you will have been educated in the Arts and have substantial Art History knowledge.
- You will have organised collections for museums, auctions, libraries or similar.
- You will have professional knowledge and experience with Inventory Controls and Asset Management of antiquities.
- You will have handled and maintain valuable artworks.
- You will have experience of preservation and storage methods.
- You can formulate educational materials through research.
- You have an appreciation for this country's heritage.
.if you think this would be of interest to you please apply.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Cataloguing a number of collections.
- Creating an inventory of each collection.
- Organising containment and secure transport of the collections to and from locations.
- Establishing tracking method for books, objects, and canvases.
- Ensuring that collections are properly preserved.
- Provide documented history for pieces in the collections.
- Work with media teams to generate presentations and other educational articles.
All successful candidates will have to go through Security Clearance.