Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Vesuvius USA
The Company (Vesuvius Plc) is a UK Plc with world-wide activities. It is the global leader in metal flow engineering.
The activities of the Company are divided into 4 specialized strategic business units (Flow Control, Advanced Refractories, the Foundry Division and Digital Services). The Company supplies products and leading technology to customers, supported by outstanding technical service and expertise. Divided over the three business units are some 10,500 people across more than 41 countries. Global sales in 2019 totaled some GBP 1.7 Billion with an EBITDA of > 10.6%. Products and services are sold in over 100 countries.
The Business Unit
The Fused Silica Business Unit (FSBU) is a specific business unit within the Foundry Division. It manufactures and sells fused silica products around the world to companies manufacturing products at high temperatures. Because the FSBU technology and products are specific within Vesuvius (whose core business is metal flow engineering), the Business Unit operates as a global business.
FSBU - Organization & Culture
FSBU operates plants in France and China and has sales representation and/or distribution centers in various countries. The activity is supported by its own R&D department, which cooperates with Vesuvius' central R&D. Altogether, around 250 people work for the FSBU.
Reporting to the Dillon Fused Silica Sales Coordinator, the Sales Administration Assistant/Clerk primarily supports the Sales Coordinator in all her administrative tasks, but also supports her as well as the Sales Manager in their sales activities in order to meet company targets for growth and profitability.
- handles all office administration tasks, ie mailing, answering phones, filing
- assists in processing orders submission, checks orders for accuracy, creates shipping labels, prints out packing lists, sends out invoices and checks credit lines
- compiles and updates physical or digital files on clients, leads, expenses and sales. May deliver reports and monitor inventory
- Supports the organization of Organize events, such as visits of management, training, webinars, trade shows, etc
- Is the point of contact for Sales Coordinator and Sales Manager, coordinates calendars and assists with travel arrangements
* Competences / experience:
- College degree
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), understanding / experience in databases is a big plus
- Experiences in logistics would be a plus
- Ability to prioritize and deal with demands coming from various directions and meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills
- Prior experience in dealing with customers is strongly desired.
- Full-time position
* Personal characteristics:
- great interpersonal skills
- outstanding communication style in verbal and written form in an international environment
- Strong work ethic and adaptable to a wide variety of environments and cultures
- Flexible / adaptable. Good ability to deal with ambiguity & change.
- Always behave safely
- good team worker
- Autonomous and initiative taking