IT Security Architect
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by NES IT
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
22 Feb 2021
IT Security Architect - 12 Months Contract - Schiedam, Netherlands
IT Security Architect knowledge on the following subjects:
- Provide support for the strategy & vision for all global IT security solutions based on IT security policies & processes defined by Group IT Security - including the edge, core data center, access & offshore areas,
- Demonstrable skills in designing IT security architecture for large-scale global integration projects,
- Strong experience in the design & deployment of cloud security architectures (Microsoft Azure security components),
- Experience with Identity & Access Management governance, standards & technology,
- Handle the design & assisting for deployment of enterprise IT security solutions across the entire global IT environment,
- Experience with security technologies & protocols (Firewalling, IDS/IPS, NAC, ATP, Email Security, MFA, RProxy, LoadBalancing, WAF, CASB, DLP, IAM),
- Strong experience with enterprise IT security vendors (Microsoft, Cisco, F5, Carbon Black, Secure Auth),
- Fully adopt latest cybersecurity best practices & methodologies for all proposed solutions adapted to clients Offshore context - security by design approach,
IT Security Architect Description
An experienced IT Security Architect, with a strong background in scoping & designing critical IT security solutions. This is a leading role for a technical expert with a solid ranging from hands-on & practical deployment experience to design concepts & security by layers.
IT Security Architect will be a self-starting, detail-minded design expert, with proven understanding of designing appropriate & profitable solutions.
The IT Security Architect will be responsible for providing internal consultancy, technical design & assist the required project managers for designing & supporting IT security solution delivery at group level.
- Architect new or existing IT security solutions adapted to traditional & cloud services, applications & infrastructures based on security by design best practices,
- Ensure adherence to IT security standards supporting IT security policies & influence missing IT security solutions towards the global IT security solution future state model,
- Ensure that IT security solution designs are fit for purpose, well thought-through, clearly articulated, documented & compliant with standards, of good quality & can be delivered using an appropriate development methodology that aligns to the needs & constraints of the project,
- Collaborate with business stakeholders managing industrial control system, & provide support to follow Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture model,
- Support internal & external audit activities, such as supplying design information.
- Write or review detailed technical documents making sure the non-functional requirements are addressed by the technical design of the solution,
- Building strong partnership relationships with project teams, IT Security & IT Operation teams through internal consultancies & thought leadership activities,
- Maintain IT security solution catalogue, design standards & documentation, & ensure that the jointly agreed design standards & methods adopted by clients stakeholders, clients & 3rd party suppliers are maintained
- Proactively review current IT security solutions & propose improvements & strategic direction, anticipating internal IT security goals,
Preference is for the IT Security Architect has a master degree in Computer Science, Information (Systems) Management or equivalent. Relevant experience in IT security operations, with solid understanding of the state of the art security domains in cloud, application, infrastructure, network & data (offshore & industrial control system knowledge is a plus). Excellent communication skills in English, both written & verbally & the experience with working with global teams in various time zones. Certifications like CompTIA, Microsoft Azure Security, Cisco (CCNP Security) are a plus but not a requirement.
Candidates must be EU Citizens
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.