SQL Server DBA
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Shelby Finance
SQL Server DBA - Remote UK - up to £45,000
We are an innovative FinTech business who are expanding our Data Services team by appointing a fully remote DBA.
We're looking for an experienced DBA with detailed knowledge of SQL, including writing complex T-SQL and stored procedures and performance tuning, to work on the administration and development of our SQL Server database environment. Ideally, you'll also have some recent exposure to Azure and AWS.
You'll join our Data Services team who support the daily operation and the build of bespoke software using varied languages and technologies across our group: you'll find a dynamic environment and a highly supportive and people first culture that enables new ideas, and will have a real opportunity to support cross-business divisions and work with innovative products and different systems and technologies.
You'll be involved in some crucial business transformation projects: we're implementing the latest versions of SQL server and looking at various AWS integrations. Key duties include:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the company around data, providing input into business requirements for the design of solutions where required
- Ensure that data storage, backup and archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly
- Oversee daily/weekly/monthly processes and ensure they are delivered accurately and on time
- Ensure the day-to-day delivery of the six defined fair customer outcomes across all business functions
- Provides support for all departments using databases
- Works with internal teams to gather and interpret business requirements and determine optimum solutions to meet needs
- Help establish and grow a people first will deliver culture by inspiring, influencing, challenging, leading, supporting and nurturing colleagues, peers and the wider business
- Opportunity to join a growing financial business undergoing significant digital diversification
- Fully remote role - UK based
- Great incentives including life assurance, health care, pension up to 7 % matching contribution, 25 days holiday, option to buy and sell holidays, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies...
This a fully remote home-based role, however, there may be occasional travel to other business locations as required. All interviews and hiring practices will take place online. Our fully supported virtual induction program will help you to understand our business and our people and build professional and social connections in a remote working environment - it includes virtual inductions with other new employees, virtual meetings with key employees and stakeholders, informal virtual meet ups with other departments and virtual floor walks.
You'll be passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers and will be flexible and adaptable in ways of working across the business, respecting the way products work in a highly agile environment. In addition, you'll have:
- Minimum of 3 years of programming experience of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- T-SQL / Stored Procedures; proficient in writing complex T-SQL, and stored procedures to interact with applications
- Understanding of the software development cycle
- Experience of using Visual Studio for creating SSIS and SSRS packages
- Previous experience of SQL Server Enterprise Administration
- Strong performance tuning experience
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (particularly Excel and VBA)
- Proven experience of data manipulation, interpretation with complex and large datasets
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, error-free results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Proficiency combining Powershell scrips with SQL
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
We are a growing, forward thinking FinTech organisation offering digital financial products through our brands, Dot Dot Loans, an online loans service and U Account, a digital online current account service. We're not your typical mainstream financial services business, we provide alternative digital customer-focused services which reach over 40,000 non-standard finance customers. We are a business that thrives on innovation: we like working with people who get excited about digital products and innovative technologies who share the same vision; to deliver online financial products for our customers that ensures they are informed to make the right decisions and treated fairly.
If you feel you're the right candidate for the role as our DBA, click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£45k - £54k Annual
£40k - £46k Annual
£40k - £44.5k Annual
£42k - £50k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual