API Expert Engineer - Enterprise Integration Technology - Contract - S
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Next Ventures Ltd
API Expert Engineer - Enterprise Integration Technology - Contract - Start ASAP - Amsterdam.
API Expert Engineer - Enterprise Integration Technology. Next Ventures seeks 2 x API Integration engineers to work within a key financial services project. These roles are based onsite in Amsterdam, and start ASAP.
As an API Engineer, you will participate in an energetic and experienced team. We build and maintain integration platforms used by a large number of IT chains in order to support their business processes. This is quite the challenge as these platforms need to be highly available and secure. Since one of the platforms is hosted in Azure, the team works closely together with the Financial Secure Cloud Platform program (FSCP) tasked to aid the bank s move to Azure. You will be a part of one of two Internal API platform teams, within the department Enterprise Integration Technology.Your job
Together with your colleagues you will work in API team that builds and maintains a stable and reliable API infrastructure. The position is multi-faceted, not only do you research and develop new tools, you also configure existing ones, while keeping a highly critical platform up and running.
Together with the team, you are responsible for:
- further development of a secure and stable API gateway infrastructure.
- maintaining the platform by monitoring it closely.
- analysing and resolving any incidents on this platform with great urgency.
- improving the platform's performance and usability.
- performing risk assessments and threat models to make sure every area of attack is covered.
- collaborating with architects and our customers to improve our API infrastructure.
There are positions available for two API platforms, each with a slightly different technology stack. As a candidate we expect you to meet the following criteria:
- You have worked with service-oriented and API environments, and are familiar with concepts such as OAUTH, OAS, JWT, TLS.
- Based on the technology stack you are highly experienced in at least one of:
- managing Unix systems (RHEL) and writing in languages like Python, Bash and Ansible.
- working in an Azure environment, such as Azure DevOps and API Management and writing in languages like Python, PowerShell and C#.
- You are experienced in building secure solutions and keep security in mind.
- You have a proactive attitude, learn by doing and are aware of your areas of growth.
- You speak English fluently.
- You have a DevOps mindset.