Senior Director of Platform and Data Sustainability & Engineering
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Director of Platform and Data Sustainability & Engineering. Candidate is responsible for improving production operations, automation, and availability for key Platform and Data solutions. They will be responsible for the post engineering functions across the key cloud initiatives with a burning focus on availability, productivity and efficiency through automation and instrumentation. They will also be responsible for helping pilot and evolve our DevOps strategy bring an early adopter.
- Partner with Product and Business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production
- Work closely with Architecture, Customers, Operations, and Product to specify and document solutions and practices
- Build a DevOps culture to provide high quality, continuous operations, and ongoing support ensuring critical service level metrics, customer requirements and financial objectives
- Build and lead the sustainability/devops engineering function that owns the platform availability, scale and performance. Build tools to lead through automation and proactive/predictive alerts by having a strong data analytical tool set to identify areas of improvement
- Implement comprehensive service monitoring to ensure uptime and performance, including synthetic, real user, system, application performance, dashboards etc.
- Define, measure, and meet key Service Level Objectives including availability, performance, incidents and chronic problems
- Ensure robust capacity planning models are defined for key platforms and regularly measure customer site performance and capacity and ensuring that there is no downtime due to capacity
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical platform services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Encourage and build teams that work together without silos
- Lead teams with a focus on productivity, efficiency, respect, and cultural sensitivity
- 15 + years of directly related professional experience
- College or advanced studies degree and/or a minimum of 12 + years of relevant IT and management experience
- Proven professional experience with operational and organizational management, leadership of teams, and enterprise wide technology strategy
- Possess good interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to communicate optimally with small and large groups of business partners and senior leadership
- Strong facilitation skills and possess good organization, communication, collaboration, and writing skills
- Detail driven with respect to documentation and communication
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.