Ubuntu Linux Subject Matter Expert
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Inavise Tech
Are you a Linux expert? We are looking for an Ubuntu Linux SME to implement and provide senior operational support for managed Ubuntu Linux platform. This is a long-term contract for a European bank.
Linux Administrator duties and responsibilities
- Engineering of system administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Provide escalation point Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Advise on system performance and capacity planning
- Advise L2 team on management, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Servers & workstations
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Linux Administrator qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for 6+ years.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: Debian and Ubuntu, Ansible and Canonical Landscape
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with VMWare vSphere
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python Scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as PXE, DNS, HTTPS, LDAP, SMTP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving, communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Excellent documentation, creation of Solution Designs and Statements of Work
Language requirements: English (mandatory), Hindi (is a plus)