Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by BRUNT Workwear
Customer Support Manager
Boston, MA (Remote) - BRUNT Workwear - Full Time
We're building a new consumer brand to disrupt a longstanding, stagnant industry.
The consumer landscape is rapidly evolving. Building a successful, everlasting brand requires a unique, thoughtful and creative approach. While we have learned from some of the best and most successful consumer brand builders, we challenge all pre-conceived notions and approach problems with an open mind. We operate in an incredibly fast moving and ever-changing environment; strategy and tactics that worked yesterday might not work today. From how we build our brand, to how we service our customers, to the systems and tools we use - we always challenge status quo and embrace change. We will expect you to do the same.
Everyone in our company is empowered to be decisive and take action. In this role you will have autonomy to make decisions that will dramatically impact the business. These decisions won't always be right, but we do expect them to be well researched, debated, and risk assessed. You will be empowered to make them.
We are well capitalized, yet we act and operate as efficiently as possible. We embrace resourcefulness and applaud the humility to be scrappy. There is no job too big, or too small, for anyone on our team.
If this is the type of opportunity and environment you'd like to be a part of, we would be happy to share more details behind the brand and company over a quick phone call.
Customer support is a critical function in our business. This hire will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries (majority of the work) as well as setting the customer support function up for scalable growth (e.g., establishing policies and procedures). A strong performer will have the opportunity to recruit and manage customer support reps as the organization scales. More detailed responsibilities can be found below:
- Respond to customer inquiries received via email, phone, and live chat; these inquiries generally fall into two categories:
- Pre-purchase learning (product, brand, etc.)
- Post-purchase follow-up (order/shipping status, returns & exchanges, etc.)
- Work with third parties (shipping carriers, our warehouse, etc.) and utilize our technology systems (shopify, loop returns, etc.) to resolve customer inquiries
- Create formalized customer support policies & procedures; document processes / best practices and templatize responses where possible
- Track customer feedback trends and share insights with the rest of the organization
- Manage customer support scheduling / coverage as needed to ensure consistent support
Skills and Requirements
- Must live in Greater Boston Area
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to drive results and motivate team members
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Positive attitude and ability to take ownership of tasks
Who You Are
- A self-starter that acts like an owner. You are self-motivated, highly proactive and able to work autonomously, anticipating the needs of your stakeholders.
- A people person who is able build and maintain relationships. You are excited to deliver top-tier customer service, turning customers into brand fanatics.
- A problem solver. While some questions can be answered with a templated response, many customer inquiries are nuanced and can require creative problem solving. You are the kind of person who enjoys the challenge of solving problems and demonstrates resourcefulness in the process.
- A multitasker. You can work on multiple projects at once and be flexible when timelines and priorities shift.
- A team player. You have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and strong interpersonal skills. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. You recognize that we're all a team with a common goal to make BRUNT as successful as it can be.
- A builder. You look for ways to improve the status quo (procedures, systems, efficiencies, etc.) and exercise good judgement in the process (looping in stakeholders as needed, focusing on areas that can have an impact, etc.). You are invested in helping the company be the best it can be while aiming to make the customer's life easier
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.