Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Venbrook Insurance Services
Account Manager - Commerical Lines
**JOB LOCATION: Due to COVID this position will currently work from home, however this person will eventually need to work onsite in our Woodland Hills, CA office so we encourage local candidates to apply!
Venbrook Insurance Services is a national leader in insurance, reinsurance, and risk brokering and management solutions. We cater to a national client base across myriad industries with divergent needs. Our team of experts and industry specialists' partner with our clients to manage their risks, create security, promote growth and add value by delivering best-in-class insurance products and programs. Venbrook is committed to ongoing product innovation, market agility, and strength in our partnerships for risk management solutions that allow our clients to focus on driving their business forward.
Venbrook specializes in a wide range of insurance and risk management products including: Property, Construction, Primary and Excess Liability, Directors & Officers/Management Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability and Privacy, Crime, Employment Practices Liability, Workers' Compensation, Employee Benefits, Transportation, Ocean and Inland Marine, Personal Lines, and Surety Bonds.
Venbrook is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA with various locations throughout the country. For more information on Venbrook Insurance Services, visit us at .
Follow our community:
Come join our new and growing Commercial Lines Team! The Account Manager role is a ground floor opportunity for a Commercial Insurance professional. The Account Manager will actively support an assigned client base of Commercial accounts with the direction of the Account Executives and Brokers. The ideal candidate will have between 1+ years of experience in the insurance industry, or a business degree with related internship experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Account Servicing:
- Manage day to day processing of endorsements, coverage/policy changes, billings, certificates, audits and general correspondence. Utilize all available resources to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, support staff, insurance markets and other Venbrook staff.
- Keep client files in order in accordance with Venbrook's policy and documentation procedures; document all account activities in a manner which is clear and understandable by others.
2) Marketing Renewals and New Business:
- Set up renewal submissions in AMS.
- Order loss run
- Print Certificates of Insurance
- Request renewal application and list of necessary documents from incumbent carriers/wholesalers.
- Assist Account Executive in collecting renewal information.
- Follow up with markets during the quote/underwriting process at direction of AE to ensure that we are meeting the necessary time frames established.
- Check policies for accuracy, issue binders, process invoices and set up files.
1) Interpersonal Skills
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Attention to Detail - Takes the time to double-check work for accuracy; provides a high quality product; ensures favorable reputations for self and VIS.
- Teamwork - Balances needs of team (and VIS as a whole) with individual responsibilities; willing to assist others when needed.
- Ethics - Commits to following company procedures; demonstrates ethical behavior in all business dealings.
2) Customer Service
- Fully committed to the needs of the client.
- Consistent and continuous service to the client and carriers.
- Works with a sense of urgency as required to meet
- Acts in a diplomatic manner and responds promptly to customer needs.
- Meets commitments
3) Computer Skills
- Proficient in common Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, etc
- AMS 360 experience a plus but not required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years experience in a similar role, or internship experience with an insurance company
- Experience issuing certificates is a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits, to include 401K, medical, dental, vision, life and disability, generous paid time off and holidays
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Hours
- Family-Like Work Environment
We look forward to hearing from you!