Java Lead Developer
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
As Java Technical Leader, you will take the lead of a development team which is in charge of developing, testing and deploying a set of application related to a portfolio of our products. The team is composed of 16 developers working on 3 Agile Scrum streams. You will participate with the Product Owner and the Scrum Master to the development roadmap of these application and will lead the team in an Agile mindset to execute this roadmap.
you will be responsible for:
- Provide support (non-functional requirements, architecture, capacity) to Product Owner to elaborate product roadmap
- Lead the Development team regarding architectural and technical choices
- Align the technical dependencies of the 3 Scrum streams
- Owns the Technical and technological stack for its product
- Programming languages, frameworks, data storages, libraries, monitoring solutions)
- Software development and deployment automation (CI/CD frameworks - Git, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Technical documentation
- Owns the Software development methodology
- Align effort with velocity
- Drive the definition and estimation of the tasks
- Drive the scope of an iteration (allow for CRs, manage Bugs, manage impediment)
- Challenge and improve the operation of the team, improving their performance and capabilities.
- Be the Application Owner of applications developed by his/her team
- Ensure cost effective and qualitative Architecture and solution
- Ensure maintenance with his/her team of its application
- Manage Capacity of his/her development teams
- People management
Position is located in Brussels and will require frequent travel to Ukraine
You have a proven experience of at least 5 years as a SW Technical Leader. This experience covers following technical skills:
- 5+ years experience of software development and support of complex J2EE applications
- Experience in managing a SW development team (international experience is a plus)
- Previous practical experience with JIRA, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus/Artifactory
- Previous practical experience with Ansible, Docker, Linux, Spring Boot, ReactJS is an advantage
- Proven experience in an Agile Scrum framework
- Good knowledge of Agile (SCRUM) processes and methodology
- Strong analytical and communicative skills
- Strong people management skills
- Experience in working with distributed teams.
- Good problem solving skills and analytical mind-set
- You're fast and eager learner
- English (very good in reading, writing, speaking) is a must
- Languages:French and/or Dutch of benefit
- MS in Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, IT, or comparable.
- Experience in a Wholesale environment is a plus
- Must be EU citizen and able to work in Belgium and happy to travel to Ukraine when required.