Permanent - SAP BI Lead Consultant Role - Dublin
Posted on Feb 4, 2021 by Linksap Europe Ltd
Our client is looking for an SAP BI Lead Consultant, you will be responsible and accountable for the quality and timeliness of the BI team's deliverables in accordance with the project plan. This includes being the primary customer-facing representative of the BI team as well as working closely with the PMO team.
Please note this is permanent position
- Lead the BI team, coordinating activities within the BI team, and with the rest of the project team
- Support the joint PMO in driving BI team activity according to the project plan, providing regular plan status updates and participating in project planning as required
- Reporting team progress and status, for example at the joint weekly progress meeting with the customer
- Coordinating joint activities with the customer, such as requirements capture and document reviews
- Lead the detailed BI design and build
- Lead the planning and execution of BI unit and integration testing
- Must have several years of experience across the project life cycle, delivering multiple SAP BI implementation projects
- Must have successfully led teams tasked with substantial SAP BI deliverables
A deep technical knowledge of SAP BI is required:
- Strong hands-on experience & theoretical knowledge of Business Objects 4.2 and BW 7.x is essential.
- Some knowledge and experience of HANA is essential. Ideally this would be BW/4HANA knowledge and experience, but experience and knowledge of BW on HANA or S/4HANA would be acceptable.
- Knowledge & experience of S/4HANA Embedded Analytics is highly desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge & experience of BW/4HANA is highly desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge & experience of BPC and/or BW Integrated Planning is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong awareness of relevant best practice is essential, particularly with respect to data acquisition, Datamodelling, securing access to data (row-level security), system performance and data life cycle management, together with the ability to articulate best practice to the customer and colleagues.
Location - Initially the role would need to be carried out remotely due to Covid-19, but the candidate must commit to transitioning to working predominantly on site in Dublin once this becomes possible again.